Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending November 5th, 2017.
Streaming and recording were still SNAFU this last week, but I’m getting back to it. Also, it’s getting really dark and cold up here. I’ve been running the wood stove and sleeping under a cat blanket, yes, a blanket of cats; a portable fur cloak. It’s a wonderful thing.
Still didn’t get to record that new Ghost Mountain series I’ve been wanting to start, but Roll for Effort now has a second playtest if you want to check that or the first one out for an idea of what that Weird West setting will be like. And, hopefully, I’ll get enough preparation done to someday actually start the series!
In other news, I decided to re-publish the Odd Order page on Facebook. Gawd I hate Fb. But, there it is, like a wart on a toad’s ass. If it gets some people interested in the blog and streams, that’s all I’m hoping for from it. Love it or hate it, Fb has captured a huge portion of the overall referral traffic. Ugh. Deal with the devil, is what it is. Either way, I’m mainly on the blog, Twitter, the voice and chat Discord server. But, I brought the Fb page back for those that are there.
The World of Greyhawk by Gary Gygax, Fantasy World Setting, Approved for use with Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Adventure Game, from TSR Games, circa 1980, with portfolio illustrated with heraldry, gazetteer, miniatures advert, and two huge map sections, which detail part of Oerth #game #tabletop #accessories #map #cartography #greyhawk #dnd #tsr #roleplaying #worldbuilding
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- Glitch — Review
- The Prisoner, book c — Visual
- The Prisoner, book D — Visual
- A pocket full of tactics, Ashes! Ashes! — All Walls Must Fall
- Imma knee on yer chromes, mister! — Neon Chrome
- Our June Ah! — Anthology
- KLF — Review
- Straw Boss — Review
- “we will have even more vivid exchange of information between people, but we will sacrifice freedom” — Aside
- “Suddenly, it becomes all too clear that Google, Facebook, and Twitter might not actually be particularly good for democracy.” — Aside
- “it’s a good time to remember we shouldn’t trust everything we see” — Aside
- “Put simply: Is Facebook too big to work?” — Aside
- ICRPG Biscuits and Grave-y — Index Card RPG
- Kindergoth #2 — Visual
- Got my furry dander up in Fur Up … — Fur Up
- Rigaroga’s Odd Order Anthology Album 2017 – GIT COMMIT GLITCH — Anthology
- “We know that AI terrifies us in the abstract sense. But can AI scare us in the immediate, visceral sense?” — Aside
- RIDE — Review
- Chameleon — Review
- “the dictionary reveals an unpredictable network of etymological crossed paths, U-turns, and forks in the road” — Aside
- “she’s often remembered specifically for her interest in making grisly dioramas” — Aside
Here’s videos and streams from last week
- Re-aid me on the 2D plane — ONRAID
- Fetch me some brand name bug spray to ONRAID this thing! — ONRAID
- ICRPG Gunk in your Junk, Part 4 — Index Card RPG
- ICRPG Lost Tomb of the Skeleton King, Part 4 — Index Card RPG
- ICRPG The Horde of Haghu, Part 3 — Index Card RPG
Here’s some popular posts on social media last week
- The adventure in @Axebane’s Moldy Codex continues! ICRPG Lost Tomb of the Skeleton King, Part 2
- Become a Patron! Help me keep geeking out, join in the fun, and get gratis music anthologies!
- Interested in writing for Rigaroga’s Odd Order? Pitch your ideas!
- Cthulhu Dice by Steve Jackson, from Steve Jackson Games
- Books from the World of Greyhawk box set. Long ago, I got these from someone (apparently named Ken? I don’t remember them!) who ruined all the rest, but I already had the portfolio and maps, so really just wanted the books anyway!