Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending May 6th, 2018.
So, I’ve had to drop out of my D&D Curse of Strahd group because of a particular player, which has made me realize that I have to make a clear statement about groups I participate in. I’ve added an “Agreement” section to my LFG pages; but TLDR, I hope everyone in my groups can all not only agree to be on stream and recorded, but also to abide by Wheaton’s Law and Twitch Community Guidelines, at the table, whether on stream or not.
I realized that I was up front and clear about people needing to agree to streaming, but not the other stuff. It wasn’t the agreement to be streamed that was an issue. It was the don’t be a dick or a racist that this person failed to meet. I’m a little surprised at having to make a clear statement about that, but … I guess it’s not really a surprise.
This month I’m getting ready for a big move across country. So, I’m quite distracted by this looming event, and it’s my project all month long to get everything left to get ready ready. I’ll still be streaming, but not every day like I was in April. Then, in the beginning of June, I’ll be unable to stream until I get where I’m going and have fast Internet installed. I’m not entirely sure how long all that will take. I’ll hope it will be quick, but there’s no way to know yet. I’m looking forward to getting everything set up so I can start streaming again, with a new schedule, from a new timezone!
I’ve mentioned this before but I’m essentially doing a reverse Oregon trail for this one. It’s a long trip, and I’m moving to a region where I’ve never lived. It’s daunting, but I have hope it will work out for the best! I hope the cats and I make it safely there and can hardly wait to get settled in the other side.
I’ve put Cooking with Rigaroga! on hiatus until after the move, but I’m looking forward to figuring out how to continue that with actual groceries from a store, and my own recipes. But, for the rest of this month, I’m pretty much trying to clear out the fridge and freezer of all the stuff that isn’t shelf stable. Food for me this month will mostly be a bit boring!
We’re going to switch to weekly sessions of W40k Roleplay Deathwatch for a little while, as schedules currently permit us to do so. There was a session this past Sunday, and we’re doing on next as well. We’re in the thick of it now, and it turns out, somehow, we’re still in our first day on out current planet! So much has happened already, I was sure more game time had passed across our episodes so far.
I’m also working on a new series with Danny, who runs the W40k Roleplay Deathwatch campaign, on how to use Roll20, a digital tool that provides a virtual tabletop for playing pen-and-paper games online, everything from the very basics to advanced scripting. We’ll be doing the first couple episodes this month, and then plan to keep going after the move. We’re going to stream each episode, though they will be a bit shorter than a normal stream would be; and plan on the first episode on May 18th.
I’ve wanted to figure out Roll20 for a while, and I tried to use it for my solo RPG videos; but I found it a bit bizarre. If it starts to make sense, and I get a feel for it, maybe I’ll even start trying to run my own games. We’ll see!
In other news, I also recently added a shock mount to my Blue Yeti mics, which I hope will help a bit, but mostly with avoiding the cats constantly bumping into the mic.
Come watch, subscribe, and cheer me for IRL, games, and roleplaying streamed live on my Twitch channel.
Become an ongoing Patron, get gratis music downloads, and help me geek out!
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Odd Order? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- SWRPG TFA Beginner Game Discovery on Jakku Post-Mortem — Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- Destiny of Kings — Visual
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Live Stream Actual Play — Dungeons & Dragons
- The Secret of Bone Hill — Visual
- We all yearned for loving — While You Are Downloading
- Snide ghost was a roarer — Sniper: Ghost Warrior
- IAG The Crash of Packet Cruiser K748N, Part 5 — Iris: Adventure Game
- Dungeon Module L1, The Secret of Bone Hill — Visual
- That’s maize — Dead Maze
Here’s videos and streams from last week
- W40k RPG Deathwatch Omega Guard Ep 4 — Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay
- Let’s go stare at LEGO Star Wars for this Revenge of the Fifth! — LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Let’s go stare at LEGO Star Wars for this May the 4th casual Friday! — LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Hold me — Home
- Tall sails over my eyes — Tales of Maj’Eyal and Forbidden Cults DLC
- Cooking with Rigaroga! Ginger Steak and Peppers with peanuts and jasmine rice — Cooking with Rigaroga!
- D&D Curse of Strahd Episode 4 — Dungeons & Dragons
Here’s some popular posts on social media last week
- I’m a variety streamer with Nomads, a great esports organization and streamer community — Twitter
- D&D Curse of Strahd Live Stream Actual Play
- I’m a variety streamer with Nomads, a great esports organization and streamer community — Facebook
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Live Stream Actual Play
- I’m a variety streamer with Nomads, a great esports organization and streamer community — Google+