Here’s a summary of activity for the month of June, 2018, and a few days on either side.
Huzzah! Time to come back from my June hiatus whilst I moved across country, and here’s what’s gone on since I last posted a summary.
I made it. I survived the move. I’m in the new place. However, I’m still not unpacked and I’ve only gotten a temporary streaming space set up because I’m not sure where everything goes yet.
I bought an Nvidia Shield TV. I thought I’d be super tricky and smart, but I got tricked and out-smarted.
My plan to use an Nvidia Shield TV to play and stream games I can’t from my Mac got totally rekt. The brand new update, that just started to roll out to everyone removed the main feature that I bought it for. Here’s the FAQ on the new update: “What happened to the NVIDIA Share feature (Hold of Home button)? We are working on new game sharing features. In the meantime, we have removed this legacy feature”. What. The. Hell.
So now I’m in UPS hell trying to return it. (UPS didn’t even bother knocking when they came to pick it up, and the nearest drop off place that can take it is over 30 miles away from here.)
I might consider buying it again if they add that feature back, but, seriously, why would I trust that they’d keep that feature if they simply remove key line items from what the product is supposed to do?! Ugh. So, no. Do not recommend.
I guess I have to come to grips with the idea that I have no choice but to get a real Win/PC so I can stream some things. But I baulk. I might try going with an Elgato HD 60 S and make do with both my iMac and MacBook, but, really, I’m just trying so very hard to avoid having to buy a machine I can’t afford. Oh, woe!
When I got to my new town I started to explore everything. There’s not much. It’s a small town. But, there’s a Goodwill, and when I went in they had a huge stack of unopened tabletop board games, like, real games, perhaps inventory from a game shop that closed recently? So, I picked up a bunch and I’ve been posting pictures of them.
Also, a crowdfunding effort that I supported back in 2015 finally delivered. Of course, it delivered the exact time I was moving across country, so there was a whole adventure trying to figure out what address to use and how and when to update that in their system. But, a game I spent over $100 on, and had, frankly, given up on ever getting; and, had soured me on supporting any big dollar crowdfunding efforts at all; finally showed up. Of course, the game can be purchased for around $50 now, so I’m not sure, after all this time, what the hell I paid double for this for, but it’s done. Over.
One big thing that I need to mention is that I’ve announced the call for submissions to the Odd Order anthology album for 2018, which is themed BIT NIBBLE BYTE!
Okay, that’s a whole lot of stuff that happened whilst I was away on hiatus, huh?! I’m sure I’ve forgotten some other stuff that’s happened. I’m in the process of finding my new streaming schedule. But, I should be back to doing weekly activity summaries now!
Come watch, subscribe, and cheer me for IRL, games, and roleplaying streamed live on my Twitch channel.
Become an ongoing Patron, get gratis music downloads, and help me geek out!
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Odd Order? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last month.
- Thinking about starting up Cooking with Rigaroga! again — Visual
- Temporary streaming studio — Visual
- They Who Were — Visual
- Cthulhu’s Pocket Madness — Visual
- Voodoo Mania — Visual
- Hello all 100 of you!
- Nox — Visual
- H P Lovecraft’s Kingsport Festival — Visual
- The Ninth World — Visual
- Set of carved wooden double six dragon backed dominoes — Visual
- Call for submissions to Odd Order album BIT NIBBLE BYTE
- Texas-Style Steak on Toast — Visual
- Call for submissions to Odd Order album BIT NIBBLE BYTE for 2018
- Special tabletop Space Hulk one shot — Space Hulk
- Put what’s left on the right, Part 2 — Puzzle Pirates
- Put what’s left on the right, Part 1 — Puzzle Pirates
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps — Visual
Here’s videos and streams from last month.
- Let’s Learn Roll20 with Rigaroga and Danny, Episode 3 — Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Episode 14 — Dungeons & Dragons
- W40k RPG Deathwatch Omega Guard Ep 6 Moving Quickly From Bad to Worse — Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Episode 15 for #roll20con — Dungeons & Dragons
- Bruise others — Cruz Brothers
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Episode 16 — Dungeons & Dragons
- Foam in the cup is derpy — Forbidden Clicker Party