Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending July 22, 2018.
This last week I was on the struggle-bus trying to figure out technical issues. First, my machine kept powering down randomly. I thought I’d detected some patterns, but kept ruling things out. Not OS version, not current application, not a startup application, or anything else. Burn the candle at both ends and when the flame goes out somewhere in the middle then there is the fault. I ended up thinking that I might have a power issue, either in the power supply or in the actual supply from the wall. Strange to hope that there’s something wrong with the house wiring or the power to the neighborhood, but in many ways those faults would be better than having to replace the power supply in my machine; an out-of-warranty iMac all-in-one, with the nearest service center several towns away. So, I ordered a new UPS. To be fair, either way, I figured, I’ve been needing one anyway. There’s lots of thunderstorms here too, so I need one even more than I have before. Well, I’ve been running on the UPS for several days and, crossing my fingers, I have not yet had another power down issue. Solved? I don’t know, but I’m hoping.
Then, on Saturday, the Murphy corollary that covers streamers and technology kicked in, and for some reason I couldn’t get audio to route from the Discord app to OBS anymore even though I’d not changed any settings … other than restoring the OS from backup, re-upgrading, and doing all kinds of things like that … um. Yeah. Anyhow: What. the. hell. So, for the Spelljammer game I had to resort to using Discord in a browser, which meant that push-to-talk on worked when the browser tab with Discord in it had focus. Oy! I survived, for the most part, but of course there were times I didn’t manage to get the focus correct and audio levels were not ideal. Oh, well. It’s not like that sort of thing is unexpected. Seriously. Streaming is the most technical-fault producing activity I’ve ever engaged in. The gremlins love to play tricks on streamers.
Anyhow, my machine was turned off for most of the week, as I just didn’t want to have something else go wrong, or for one of the power down events to damage something more than was already wrong.
Don’t forget that I’ve announced the call for submissions to the Odd Order anthology album for 2018, which is themed BIT NIBBLE BYTE!
Come watch, subscribe, and cheer me for IRL, games, and roleplaying streamed live on my Twitch channel.
Become an ongoing Patron, get gratis music downloads, and help me geek out!
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Odd Order? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- My first week of meals via mail from Home Chef — Visual
- Check out my projects!
- Recipes and food for the next week of IRL live stream Cooking with Rigaroga! — Visual
- W40k RPG Deathwatch Omega Guard Ep 1 The Landing — Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay
- Coffee-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin — Visual
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Episode 5 — Dungeons & Dragons
- Help Rigaroga keep streaming and geeking out!
Here’s videos and streams
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Episode 19 — Dungeons & Dragons
Here’s some popular social media posts
- In just about an hour, I’m playing in an ongoing weekly campaign of D&D Spelljammer, as a tabaxi rogue named Rasc Ije. Come hang out with us! — Twitter
- In just about an hour, I’m playing in an ongoing weekly campaign of D&D Spelljammer, as a tabaxi rogue named Rasc Ije. Come hang out with us! — Facebook
- In just about an hour, I’m playing in an ongoing weekly campaign of D&D Spelljammer, as a tabaxi rogue named Rasc Ije. Come hang out with us! — Google+
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Episode 18 — Goole+
- D&D Spelljammer “Jamming with the Stars” Episode 18 — Facebook