An irregular hodgepodge of links gathered together … Omnium Gatherum for April 4, 2019
- Top 10 Games You Can Play In Your Head, By Yourself: Second Edition by J. Theophrastus Bartholomew, Sam Gorski, D. F. Lovett; from the I-Feel-Attacked dept.
“YOUR MIND IS NOW THE ULTIMATE GAMING ENGINE. Top 10 Games You Can Play In Your Head, By Yourself, is a collection of visionary author J. Theophrastus Bartholomew’s most cherished mind-games, edited and updated by filmmaker and storyteller Sam Gorski and author D.F. Lovett. No peripherals needed. No controllers. No pens. No dice or boards. Everything you need to experience the forefront of game design is right here between these pages. What will happen in your game? It’s up to you to find out!”
- Wrestlenomicon! A card game of the Great Old Ones fighting over the end of the world. Cthulhu! Hastur! Only ONE can rule the apocalypse! A crowdfunding effort by Arc Dream Publishing.
A card game of the Great Old Ones fighting over the end of the world. Cthulhu! Hastur! Only ONE can rule the apocalypse!
Fire Opal Games and Arc Dream Publishing bring you the grudge match to end them all!
Become a Great Old One and slam, smash, and obliterate your opponent. Wrestlenomicon is a throw-down to the doom. This furious card game of squicky battles sets up in seconds and plays in minutes—or longer, if tactics are your thing. This is the definition of brainy beer-and-pretzels fun, with plenty of tentacles.
The Brawl of Cthulhu!
Each deck of cards represents a unique Great Old One. The core game includes a deck for CTHULHU—the Ageless Abomination! the South Seas Smasher!—and another for HASTUR, the insane and unspeakable force behind the King in Yellow. More Great Old Ones are coming.”
- Witch+Craft, a 5e Supplemental. A tabletop supplemental of crafting and magic for Fifth Edition games. A crowdfunding effort by Astrolago Press.
“Witch+Craft, a beautifully-illustrated supplemental for 5e games, brings a new crafting system to your table. Designed to be fun to use and simple to implement, the domestic magic crafting system can be easily inserted into ongoing games without the need for rerolling characters or reinventing entire campaigns—perfect for the ragtag crew who want to repair an enemy’s shipwrecked boat, the cunning ensemble looking to build themselves an impromptu grappling hook, or the friendly bard wanting to spend their downtime baking a pie for their party. Whether you’re a butcher, a baker, or a candlestick maker, Witch+Craft has you covered.
But that’s not all: this new system also includes trade classes, a new character customization option that goes hand-in-hand with your characters’ pre-existing combat class and background. Trade classes allow you to define what makes your skills unique as you level up and make your mark in the world.
We call this system domestic magic because it emphasizes the miracle of making. Even non-spellcasters can tap into the power of creation, forging beautiful and useful items with their hands and their heart.
This content, and the crafting system we’ve designed, took inspiration from Studio Ghibli films like Kiki’s Delivery Service, where the acts of painting, baking, and inventing have a power as beautiful and unique as Kiki’s witchcraft. While many crafting systems are based around concepts like “stress” or “endurance”, we wanted a crafting system that encouraged rest, self care, inspiration, motivation, and collaboration.
Make something, because the act of making brings you joy.”
- Humblewood Campaign Setting for 5e DND. Humblewood is a campaign setting for 5e DND that includes new birdfolk player races, new monsters, compelling adventure and more! A crowdfunding effort by Hit Point Press / Deck of Many
“Humblewood is an exciting new Campaign Setting for 5e DND that includes original birdfolk player races, new monsters, magic items, and a compelling adventure for 1st to 5th level characters.”
- Welcome to Tikor | The Swordsfall RPG Setting and Art Book. An Afropunk Sci-Fantasy world brimming with ancient magic and future tech. A crowdfunding effort by Brandon Dixon.
“Swordsfall isn’t just a story, it’s a world. It’s a dive into pre-colonial Africa for all the rich lore you’ve never heard of. It’s an exploration into a world where the majority of the faces are dark, yet isn’t constrained to one corner. It’s a world where women hold power equal to men and the merit of ones soul is what propels them through life. It’s a world where spirits aren’t to be feared, they are to be embraced. In a time where we know that representation matters, this project is an effort to add to that spirit in the way I know best. Narrative fiction in the nerdiest of flavors.
Swordsfall is made up of three key parts; World Anvil, Tabletop RPG and Stories/Novels. Each of them telling a different part in the lore that is the world of Tikor. This Setting and Artbook is part of that synergy and the first step toward realizing the Tabletop RPG.”
- Hidden Oddities: A Witch’s Primer. A Witch Class for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition with worldbuilding, 50+ spells, 2 backgrounds, and 7 Archetypes for the class. A crowdfunding effort by Eva Brown.
“Hidden Oddities: A Witch’s Primer contains 100+ pages of new game material and world-building content for 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons. In this book you’ll find the brand new Witch Class, 11 new Archetypes called Sacred Secrets, 2 new backgrounds, 100+ new spells, new items that any spellcaster could benefit from, and advice how to place witches into your world. This supplement is designed to work inside the system and to expand the options for Dungeon Masters and Players.
The Witch is a full caster without spell slots and instead uses Curios as minor magical items that can be filled with either spell slots or wondrous effects. These Curios can be kept all to the Witch or be handed out to party members to help increase their effectiveness. Improved Ritual Casting lets you cast any spell inside your spellbook as long as you have enough time and people to perform a Greater Ritual. Instead of preparing spells after every long rest you get to choose which Curios to recharge after any rest,
The content itself is built around the concepts of making a Grim and Strange world. The spells that are currently in the book help expand spell selection options for Arcane and Divine spellcasters alike.”
- Arcana of the Ancients, a 5E science-fantasy sourcebook. A sourcebook that brings the science-fantasy stylings of Numenera to 5E, written by designers very experienced with both games. A crowdfunding effort by Monte Cook Games.
“Arcana of the Ancients is a sourcebook for 5th edition players and GMs to bring the wonders of mysterious technology and weird science-fantasy elements to their traditional fantasy campaigns. Designed by Monte Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, and Sean K. Reynolds, all of whom have years of professional design experience working on the world’s most popular roleplaying game, this gorgeously illustrated hardcover sourcebook gives you everything you need to add a whole new element to your 5E game.”
- The Seas of Vodari – 5th Edition Swashbuckling & Sorcery. Everything you need to run exciting seafaring campaigns full of swashbuckling action and magical adventure for Fifth Edition. A crowdfunding effort by Tribality Publishing.
“The Seas of Vodari is a full-color book that we are offering in hardcover and PDF. This book provides 200+ pages of material for gamemasters to run exciting seafaring campaigns for 5th Edition. Your players will get tons of options for creating characters and you’ll get support to run a world full of swashbuckling action and magical adventure. “
- Calico: Magical Girls Running Cat Cafés~. Calico is a calm and cozy cat cafe simulator where you pet cats, decorate your cafe, and hang out with witches and magical girls! A crowdfunding effort by Kells.
“Calico is a day-in-the-life community sim game where you are given an important and adorable task: rebuild the town’s cat café and fill it with cute and cuddly creatures! You will journey to a small village filled with magical girls and other fantastical friends, where you are placed in charge of a run down cat café. Build up your café by filling it with cute furniture, fun decorations, yummy pastries, and get it bustling with animals again!
In Calico, you play as a sweet magical cutie. There are two playable characters to choose from: Heartgirl and Flowergirl!”
- The Ultraviolet Grasslands. The Ultraviolet Grasslands (UVG) trpg is a rules-light psychedelic metal trip to the Black City on the edge of space and time. A crowdfunding effort by Exalted Funeral.
“The Ultraviolet Grasslands and the Black City is a tabletop role-playing game book, half setting, half adventure, and half epic trip; inspired by psychedelic heavy metal, the Dying Earth genre, and classic Oregon Trail games. It leads a group of ‘heroes’ into the depths of a vast and mythic steppe filled with the detritus of time and space and fuzzy riffs.”
- Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina Animated Special. Critical Role’s The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite heroes for a professional-quality animated special! A crowdfunding effort by Critical Role.
“Vox Machina is back, baby — but this time they’re cartoons! Here’s the amazing creative team that’s gonna take our tale from imagination to animation… “