An irregular hodgepodge of links gathered together … Omnium Gatherum for May 9, 2019
- TTRPG Achievement Badges. Patches to help mark your achievements as a PC or DM in D&D 5e. A crowdfunding effort by Samantha Darcy, with 28 days to go.
“Are you prepared?
Roleplaying games and Scouting both tremendously impact many lives. Unfortunately, RPGs lack patch-covered fashion-statements showing everyone exactly how awesome you are…
Introducing Tabletop Roleplaying Game (TTRPG) Achievement Badges! From the crazed minds of Samantha Darcy and Stephen Rowe, these patches allow you to forever memorialize pivotal moments from your games!
TTRPG Achievement Patches
Produced by Pin Game Strong, each badge is a 2-inch, sew-on, 100% embroidered patch, with unique art, and an accompanying PDF. Included for each are requirements to earn the badge, and optional reward mechanics compatible with 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons!
With your help, we plan to initially release EIGHT (8) Common and EIGHT (8) Rare achievement patches, plus TWO (2) extremely exclusive and super secret Legendary patches! And that’s only the beginning. We can all work together to make this project a success, and there’s a LOT more we can’t wait to share!”
- Lancer. Lancer is a mud-and-lasers RPG about mechs and the pilots who crew them. Narrative play, gritty tactical combat and deep customization. A crowdfunding effort by Massif Press, with 42 hours to go.
“Lancer is a mud-and-lasers tabletop roleplaying game centered on modular mechs and the pilots who crew them.
Ten thousand years after the climate crash that ended the Anthropocene, a survivor humanity rebuilt itself and spread to the stars. Numbering now in the trillions, they are a polyglot, cosmopolitan people, organized under a central hegemon: Union. The galaxy is vast before them, and humanity is its mirror. For some, it is a golden age of post-scarcity utopia. For the rest, that golden age remains a dream to be attained.
Into this roiling galaxy you take your role as a mech pilot — from cold-blooded mercenaries to honor-bound Baronic cuirassiers, hardscrabble Union regulars to professional Constellar Midnights, Far Field teams at the uncanny edge of known space to the ever-wandering Albatross. Operating with a wealth of licenses from one of the galaxy’s Big Five fabricators, you and your friends play a tight-knit squad of pilots on campaign — comrades together in a galaxy of danger and hope. Will you fight for Union, working to rectify the crimes of previous administrations? Will you run contracts for a corpro-state, working to advance private interests while lining your pockets? Will you fight to liberate your people from all masters, human or otherwise? Or will you fight only for yourself?
Lancer features a mix of military science fiction and mythic science fantasy. In the setting, conscript pilots mix ranks with flying aces, mercenary guns-for-hire brawl with secretive corpostate agents, and relativistic paladins cross thermal lances with causality-breaking entities.
In Lancer, there is promise in the potential, but the hard-won gains of humanity are under serious threat. From the internal: ruthless corpro-states, bitter anthrochauvinist reactionaries, and ponderous oligarchs, to the external: MONIST 1, or RA, an anoriginary being with unfathomable power and unknowable goals; the Aunic Ascendancy, the unbroken heirs of Old Humanity; and more.
Having only begun the project of recovering from its own internal political revolutions, Union now scrambles to reassert its control over a galaxy that would fall to chaos otherwise.
Who will you fight for, pilot? “
- Sundown. A rules-light tabletop roleplaying game set in a pre-industrial transhumanist frontier. Think Cyberpunk goes Wild West. A crowdfunding effort from Grasswatch Games, with 39 hours to go.
“We’re Grasswatch Games, a partnership of two queer disabled folk.
We’re making our debut with Sundown, a low tech science-fantasy set in a transhumanist frontier. Think cyberpunk goes wild west. It’s an episodic game that focuses on otherism, class, and colonialism.
Sundown is a dyslexia-friendly, campaign-length rules-light tabletop roleplaying game for 2-6 players, one of whom is the lorekeeper, with a suggested session length of 3-4 hours.
Sundown tells political stories of a small and intimate scope. You play multiple campaigns and characters in the same world, your next one inheriting the world from your last. Your actions, though small, will ripple across history.
You play a drifter: a queer, punk outcast taking work wherever you can from folk that hate you.
Fiends, the monsters of this world, linger at the edges of civilization. There’s always someone who wants some fiend dead.
Autocrats and Lords point their fingers at each other while Syndicates and Revolutions rot their thrones beneath them. Drifters who don’t slay fiends oft find themselves slaying folk instead.
But maybe you prefer to keep your hands clean. You’re a spy, stealing secrets from one corporatist for another, or you’re a thief, liberating the hoarded wealth of lords and bankers.
Maybe you’re lucky. One of the few of ‘legitimate’ employ. You work for the Merchant Protections Guild, a diplomat and ambassador to the townships of Sundown, struggling to keep the highroad from crumbling… and Sundown’s delicate peace with it.”
- Astrologaster. [also] A Comedy Written in the Stars. A game by Nyamyam. [HT The Guardian]
“London, 1592. A great plague sweeps through the capital. When doctors flee the city in fear, a hero rises. His name is Simon Forman, “Doctor” of Astrology, Astronomy and Physick. Not only does he have the power to cure the sick, he can find their lost pets and predict their futures! All by reading the movements of the stars.
But when the plague ends, Forman’s problems begin. The real doctors return to London and they will stop at nothing to bring him down…
Astrologaster is a story-driven astrological comedy game set in Shakespeare’s London. Based on a true – and truly ridiculous – story.
- Solve Hilarious Problems: Consult on problems ranging from Elizabethan terror plots and foul diseases, to romantic entanglements and stolen pies!
- Change Lives: Win your patients’ favour or ruin their lives. Advise 14 characters who return 5-7 times. Patients have their own ongoing stories which often overlap with each other.
- Win A Medical Licence: Convince patients to write letters of recommendations. Collect enough letters to exchange them for a medical licence.
- Fully Voiced Character Dialogue: Sitcom-style comedy brought to life by a cast of over a dozen actors.
- Sing Along – Enjoy Renaissance-era music and sing along to each character’s theme song.
- Casebooks Come Alive: Simon Forman’s cases are presented as a beautiful pop-up book. Turn pages to delve deeper into your patients’ stories.
Simon Forman was considered a sage by some and a charlatan by others. What will your legacy be? Will you put your faith in the stars?”