My last summary was back in September 2019. And my last post was in March, 2020. Yeah, that was a while ago wasn’t it? I was on indefinite hiatus. But, I still did some things whilst I was gone. I don’t know that I’m back to posting, let alone regularly. But, I thought I’d post something.
So, here’s a summary of stuff since then up until the end of April 2021.
In the last week of April, I got 1 Gbps Internet to my house. I’ve gone from DSL, which I’ve had for the last couple years after the cable company doubled their rates, to brand new Fibre, recently installed to my neighborhood, and now have 1 Gpbs speed to my home. I worked at one of the first commercial ISPs back in the 90s, and we ran our entire business on 3 T1 (1.5Mbps each) and later upgraded to a T3 (54Mbps) on which we supported 10,000 customers. Back then, through work, I had upgraded from dialup to ISDN (128 Kbps) to an actual T1 to my home, and I thought that was blindingly fast! Hey, but, also, my very first modem even, when I was a kid, was 300 baud, or 0.3 Kbps, and I had to manually dial the phone and then unplug the cord from handset and swap it to the modem before the other side hung up! Now I’ve got a symmetrical 1 Gbps to just me and the cats. Wild.
And, I actually did a real live stream on Thursday over on Twitch. It’s also archived on YouTube. It was a first look and readthrough of the preview edition of Ironsworn: Starforged, a brand new sci-fi setting and rule set, that’s currently in crowdfunding.
I’m tentatively thinking about streaming every Thursday from 4:20pm until 6:66pm (which is 7:06pm in normal time telling). We’ll see how it goes! I never did get around to setting a regular schedule for streaming. It’s like the one box I never ticked. Yeah, I don’t know. Same stuff, just regularly.
One of the things that I missed about streaming was that it really, oddly enough, cut down on how much time and effort it took to create videos. I mean all I had to do was set up and film and I was done, hit a button and archive it to YouTube. Easy peasy. No going back and editing. No having to upload the video over DSL. The whole process for even a simple video took an entire day! That’s not even mentioning the fact that if the video was longer than 30 minutes it took longer to upload than letting it go overnight, and so I’d end up having to wait around not being able to use any Internet until it was done even the next day. Totally a shit show. And unpleasant. That and so many other reasons that just kept piling on, like the constant noise and drama from my next door neighbors, nonstop every day, including psycho-couple arguing and yelling all the time and that time when they had their power shut off and ran a generator in the backyard for over a month. I mean, fucking hell. There’s still constant noise over there, but it’s not quite so bad as it was. Small favours, I guess. But, even not streaming, it was still hard to record when there’s so much noise and bullshit, and the effort required far outweighed the resulting fun, right? Yeah. That’s just a taste. I don’t really want to keep talking about it anymore right now.
By the by, I switched my YouTube away from being Odd Order to just being me as Rigaroga, so the “friendly” link has changed, and I’m pretty sure I got that updated most places, except where I didn’t. Although this blog is still under the Odd Order name and domain, I’m probably at some point going to migrate that over to Rigargoa also. At some point that will probably happen. Odd Order never went anywhere and if it’s just me, then it should be just me! I can still do on my own blog, as myself under the guise as Rigaroga, anything I would have done with Odd Order, just not as an imaginary and non-existant collective Odd Order anymore. Oh well. It seemed like a nice idea at some point in the past but didn’t happen.
Also, I killed all my Rigaroga and Odd Order social media. There just wasn’t any point and no one was interacting with me, so I gave up howling into the void. I did go back and recreated a Twitter account, but only so that I could create a private list of accounts I found myself going back and checking for updates every once in a while; but, it’s private, has neither followers nor is actually following anyone. Let’s just act like that doesn’t exist at all. I made the choice not to engage in any of that anymore for the geeky stuff. That’s brings me back around to the blog, and I’m not sure what point it serves anymore, to be honest. I’ll keep thinking about that, but it is possible that just archiving important links, like the old anthologies, and dumping the rest, will be where I end up.
I don’t even know what all else to say. So much time has passed, and so many things, both huge and tiny, have happened … Let’s just move on from here and see what happens now? I mean, after this point, you know, where I point to all the things that happened in the time that I’m moving on from. D’oh!
Well, that’s enough from me for now.
Ironsworn Actual Play
- The Tales of Mukoda, Introduction and Shout-outs
- The Tales of Mukoda, Character Creation
- The Tales of Mukoda, Worldbuilding and Truths
- The Tales of Mukoda, Session 1
Here’s videos and archived streams since September 2019
- Thornwatch Solo, Episode 1 – Unboxing Thornwatch: Eyrewood Adventures
- Apocrypha Solo, Episode 1 – Unboxing Box One: The World
- The Long Dark, Episode 1 – “And I’m a goddamn fool, but then again so are you.”
- Thornwatch Solo, Episode 2 – Unboxing Thornwatch: The Dark of the Wood
- Apocrypha Solo, Episode 2 – Unboxing Apocrypha Soul Binder, Revelation Dice, and Promo Cards
- The Long Dark, Episode 2 – “Shut up for a second. Something’s wrong.”
- Apocrypha Solo, Episode 3 – Unboxing Box Two: The Flesh
- The Long Dark, Episode 3 – “This isn’t how things were supposed to end.”
- Apocrypha Solo, Episode 4 – Unboxing Box Three: The Devil
- The Long Dark, Episode 4 – “How’s that last adventure going for you?”
- Apocrypha Solo, Episode 5 – Unboxing The Book of the Hybrids
- The Long Dark, Episode 5 – “Look! Smoke from that chimney!”
- The Long Dark, Episode 6 – “If you’re here, things must be worse than they thought.”
- The Long Dark, Episode 7 – Ambient Interlude
- Ironsworn: Starforged, Pew Pew Playtest, Part 1 (Oolawd is ambushed by a pack of cultists)
- Ironsworn: Starforged, Pew Pew Playtest, Part 2 (Oolawd is ambushed by a pack of cultists)
- Ironsworn: Starforged, Run & Gun Playtest, Part 1 (Oolawd tracks Vasser to Lastchance)
- Firefly Adventures Solo – Unboxing
- Dark Force Incursion Solo – Introduction
- Ironsworn: Starforged, Run & Gun Playtest, Part 2 (Oolawd tracks Vasser to Lastchance)
- Firefly: The Game Solo – Unboxing
- Dark Force Incursion Solo – Calosanti, Mountain, S1 M1 – Rigaroga
- Micro Chapbook RPG Solo – Episode 1 (Introduction, Rules, Creation, and Building)
- D&D Coloring Pages – The Endless Battle, Part 1
- Micro Chapbook RPG Solo – Episode 2 (Halfling Ranger dives headlong into the pile of bodies)
- Dark Force Incursion Solo – Biliton, Mountain, S1 M2 (a firm foothold for the future)
- Micro Chapbook RPG Solo – Episode 3 (Orc Fighter stumbles onto a Sutured Beast playing with a Doll)
- Dark Force Incursion Solo – Fenris, Mountain, Lightheart S1 M1 (the Dark Force has been busy)
- Micro Chapbook RPG Solo – Episode 4 (Turns out that the corpse is only mostly dead. Bummer.)
- Mausritter Solo – Pre-Game Papercrafting
- Micro Chapbook RPG Solo – Episode 5 (Orc and Halfling clap back at severed crawling hands)
- Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion – Unboxing Time-lapse
- Micro Chapbook RPG Solo – Episode 6 (min-max consumer reporting from the weapons aisle)
- Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion Solo – Episode 1 (Demolitionist & Red Guard – Roadside Ambush)
- Dark Force Incursion Solo – Tolantus, Mountain, S1 M3 (frustratingly close to success)
- Micro Chapbook RPG Solo – Episode 7 (Marginally more prepared for pugnacious pugilism)
- Dungeon Blitz Solo, Episode 1 – Blood Castle (First Look & Reading the Rules)
- Mausritter Solo – Episode 1 (First Look & Reading the Rules)
- Vaesen Solo – Unboxing Time-lapse
- Mausritter Solo – Episode 2 (Box Set Struggle Bus 💪🚌 & No Cheese For Me 🐭🚫🧀😢)
- Unboxing The Portal at Hill House Solo RPG
- Unboxing Red Bean Dragon Slayer Solo RPG Card Game
- Unboxing Mörk Borg Feretory Zine, Mörk Borg RPG, Death Temple Sztun, and Dark Fort Solo RPG
- Unboxing Delve, Rise, & Umbra Solo RPG Map Drawing Game Zines
- Unboxing Dissident Whispers RPG4BLM Benefit Adventure Anthology
- Unboxing Gate Solo Tower Defense Tabletop Game and Mat
- Unboxing Our Innermost Thoughts Zine with 5+1 Mostly Solo RPGs
- Unboxing Raspberry Pi 400 Personal Computer Kit
- Unboxing The Dark Village Narrative Horror Investigation Solo RPG
- Unboxing What Child Is This? and The Astral Curse of the Iron Gnomes RPG Adventures
- Unboxing Tapestry: Mint Tin RPG
- Unboxing Pyramid Quartet Tabletop Games
- Unboxing D&D Adventure Begins Cooperative Board Game
- Unboxing Conan the Cimmerian: The Tower of the Elephant
- Unboxing Orbital a space station RPG Zine
- Unboxing Kozmik Objects & Entities
- Ironsworn: Starforged preview edition, first look and readthrough!