Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching as of June 1, 2021.
- 70 hours to go: “this world is not yours: an RPG zine. A 1-2 player RPG zine about generations, change, and what you leave behind.” By Travis D Hill
- 4 days to go: “Galgenbeck After Dark. Ruinous World Building for Galgenbeck.”—”A collection of dark quests, encounters, forlorn places, and doomed souls.” Compatible with Mörk Borg.
- 7 days to go: “Paperback Adventures – A Novel Solo Word Game. A wordbuilding roguelike for one. Hop from genre to genre in a quest spanning various pulp novels.”—”Conquer a menagerie of pulp novel characters in this solo deckbuilding word game.”
- 7 days to go: “Abyss of Hallucinations Vol. 1 – A MÖRK BORG setting. MÖRK BORG compatible screenprinted zine inspired by Aleister Crowley’s Book of Lies.” Optional add on is Book of Lies in the same format and style as the zine.
- 9 days to go: “FISK BORG. Brutal and accursed fishing set in the somber world of MÖRK BORG ttrpg.”—”FISK BORG is a supplement for MÖRK BORG that offers new mechanics to bring somber fishing into your blood-soaked roleplaying sessions. Adapting tools from Richard Kelly’s fishing RPG Rod, Reel, and Fist, Fisk Borg unleashes dozens of sub-aquatic nightmares to those brave or foolish enough to summon them.”
- 13 days to go: “QUESTS: Heroes of Sorcado. A fantasy co-operative story-driven campaign board game for 1-6 players. Monsters, events, traps, side quests & so much more!”—”Welcome to Quests: Heroes of Sorcado, an epic fantasy cooperative campaign for 1-6 players. In each of eight adventures (plus a bonus training adventure) you’ll build your character, acquiring powerful spells and weapons, increase your abilities by defeating monsters and evading traps, and forge your path through choice-driven events, story moments, and side quests.” by David Killingsworth, of Solar Flare Games, makers of Nightmare Forest and others.
- 14 days to go: “Jungle Tomb of the Mummy Bride Compatible for DCC & 5E. Available for both Dungeon Crawl Classics and 5th Edition! Dare your characters explore the fabled tomb of the accursed Mummy Bride?”—”Inspired by the pulp weird fantasy of Gary Gygax’s infamous Appendix N, Jungle Tomb of the Mummy Bride is designed for a group of four to six 3rd level characters. The adventure can be used for campaign play and as a one-shot non-competitive module, but also works equally well as a tournament scenario.”
- 15 days to go: “Somninauts. A Rules-Light RPG and Storytelling Toolkit for Dreamy Mystery Adventures.”—”Somninauts is a rules light table top role-playing game where players solve mysteries by using weird science to dive into dreams. Find clues in the mundane waking world, then use those clues as fuel to carry your crew into a dreaming realm of surreal adventure. Fight against the forces that would eject your waking presence from the sleeping sphere of the subconscious. Contain the nightmares seeking a foothold into the mundane world. Solve cases. Save reality. Somninauts is also a tool kit you can use to inject mysteries and surreal adventures into your favorite role-playing game.”
- 23 days to go: “Knock! Issue Two. An Adventure Gaming Bric-a-Brac. Being A Compendium of Miscellanea for Old School RPGs. For us OSR weirdos and curious D&D heads alike.”—”It is filled with that old-school-slash-adventure-gaming unique flavour: thoughts about system and substance, useful rules and procedures, random tables and lists, pages of maps, six new classes, nine new monsters, and four complete adventures.”
- 24 days to go: “Campfire. the anthology horror storytelling game.”—”Campfire is a storytelling game for 2-6 players, designed to be played in an hour or two with cards, coins, and a special cloth playmat. During a game, take turns as the Narrator and weave together people, places, and things using flavorful story prompts to set the scene. Collaborate to thrill, surprise, and terrify! … If you’re a fan of approachable storytelling games like Fiasco or anthology horror like Are You Afraid of the Dark? or Creepshow, Campfire is for you! Tell a story, from creeping start to bloody end, in a single two-hour session, all with zero-prep. ”
- 29 days to go: “ARC: Doom Tabletop RPG. A cataclysmic tabletop RPG where heroes embark on heart-racing adventures to slay the apocalypse.”—”ARC is a role-playing game where heroes defy the cruel Doomsday Clock to save their world from a looming apocalypse. Rules-light, tension-heavy, dripping with deliciously dark art yet lovingly written for all storymakers at heart—now on Kickstarter for a limited time only.” “Stories you make and play in ARC run against a timer. While heroes navigate and transform the world around them, the real-time Doomsday Clock ticks to an irreversibly cataclysmic event. That doom is up to you. It could be an explosive battle, the literal end of the world—or something more intimate: the departure of beloved spirits, the farewell of an era.” from Exalted Funeral.
- Upcoming: “Traveller’s Guide to the Soddenweald. A tabletop supplemental of swamp-themed flora, fauna, food, and potion recipes for your 5th edition games”
- 13 days to go: “EVA & LUNA. Solo & Advanced Multiplayer Experience with Myraclia board game.”—”Eva expansion enables ultimate solo & advanced multiplayer experience with Myraclia board game. Not only can you play solo against this cunning opponent, but you can even challenge two powerful eternal beings and feel the experience of the full-fledged 3-player game. And as each of your virtual opponents is pursuing its own strategy, you can never know what to expect. Every game is different. But this enriched board gaming experience is not limited to solo play. Do you think that with your beloved real-life board gaming partner you are limited to a ‘duel’ experience? Not anymore. Eva is ready to confront two human players as well, often focusing her wild and vicious attention on the one appearing more dangerous to her. You´ve never felt the same exciting tension in a ‘2-player’ game before.”
- 15 days to go: “The Keeyp: Roguelite Board Game. Find the Key. Get to the Gate. No two games are the same.”—”The Keeyp is a Roguelite-inspired board game where you build out the dungeon as you play, making each game feel fresh and exciting! Explore the dungeon each turn, gather unique items, and engage in combat with other players. The first player to get the Key and escape through the Gate wins (or the last player standing if nobody has escaped). Can you find the Key and make it to the Gate first?”
- 26 days to go: “HEXano. A fast paced, visually stunning, competitive jigsaw game for 1-5 players!”—”HEXano is a competitive, multiplayer jigsaw that boasts a striking aesthetic and simple to learn gameplay. Made up of 96 unique, hexagonal tiles the possibilities are limitless. Every game is guaranteed to be completely different from the last but equally as intense. Once you place your first tile, the game never stops. Every round adds more tiles to the table. Every tile brings new opportunities to take the lead. Every opportunity however could lead to problems in the future if you don’t plan ahead. Every game is guaranteed to look different from the last. Playable for 1-5 players of all ages, with game rounds lasting from 10-25 minutes. Whether you need something quick to play whilst you’re waiting for the last few people to turn up to games night or you just want to dive straight into a game that requires no setup, HEXano is the answer!”
Update later 4jun2021:
- 3 hours to go: “Jack Irons: The Steel Cowboy Vol. 1. ‘When Reality Belongs to Evil, Heroes are Inevitable.’ 96 Pages of Weird Space West! A Reincarnated Immortal in Galactic Armageddon!”—”A Reincarnated Immortal Seeks Freedom and Purpose in Galactic Armageddon. 96 Page Hardcover Collecting Issues #’s 1-3.”
- 24 days to go: “The Literary Tarot. A Tarot Deck Unlocking the Secrets of Classic Literature.”—”We are Brink Literacy Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to changing the world through storytelling. To create our latest endeavor, The Literary Tarot, we reached out to some of the greatest authors and cartoonists of our time and asked them to pair a tarot card with a seminal book that embodies the meaning of the arcana.”
- 27 days to go: “FILTH & GRAMMAR. The Comic Book Editor’s Secret Handbook.”—”Award-winning Editor SHELLY BOND has been throwing red ink at comic book writers, artists, letterers, colorists, and logo designers for over three decades. FILTH & GRAMMAR: THE COMIC BOOK EDITOR’S SECRET HANDBOOK is her 160-page magnum opus, a step-by-step guide to making comic books from cover to cover. It’s the first time Bond reveals the alchemy and method to her editorial madness.”
- “TTRPG Charity Bundle for Trans Support. A bundle hosted by Cat Elm with content from 46 creators.”