Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns, bundles, &c., that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching for October, 2021.
- 40 minutes to go: “Briar & Bramble. Full art and printed copies of Briar & Bramble”—”This Kickstarter is to fund the creation of a full art and physical version of Briar & Bramble which is available for FREE at https://drunkwizard.itch.io/briar Play as a community of wayward animals in search of a new home in Briar & Bramble, a community focused roleplaying game crafted in the heart of the English woodlands.”
- 42 minutes to go: “Humble Comic Bundle: TV & Movies by Titan Comics“—”Comics based on epic movies/shows? Yes please! We’ve teamed up with Titan Comics for our newest bundle! Get comics and ebooks including the manga reimagining of Sherlock (starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the eponymous sleuth), Showtime’s hit Penny Dreadful, Robotech, Robotech Volume 4, Blade Runner 2019, and Star Trek. Plus, your purchase will support Comicbooks for Kids!”
- 2 hours to go: “RANE IN BLOOD: Mothership Adventure & Antagonist Sourcebook. ☠️ SPACE PIRATES | CULTS | ORGAN THIEVES | FAILED CLONES | GENETIC VAMPIRES & MUCH MORE! For use with the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.”
- 3 hours to go: “Relics of Rajavihara and Montalo’s Revenge Expansion. A puzzly solo adventure game: The original game, plus 30 all-new levels with brand new challenges.”
- 4 days to go: “The Moon’s Daughter. A children’s book about love, compassion, and friendship. By Liam and Seb Mckinnon.”—”This story takes place in a faraway world of endless ice and snow. Here resides the Moon’s Daughter and her loyal companion, the Fox. Earthbound, she must take care of the northern lands and her animal friends, though she longs to see Father Moon again. A tale of love, compassion and friendship told in 5 chapters, for children and adults alike!”
- 6 days to go: “Humble Audiobook Bundle: Voices of Warhammer 2021 by Black Library“—”Live the Warhammer universe, one audiobook at a time. Age of Sigmar? 40K? Whether you’re a fan of fantasy or sci-fi, Black Library is delivering a wealth of Warhammer stories right to your eardrums, with our newest bundle. Sit back, relax, and lose yourself in audiobooks and audiodramas like Cadian Honour, Soul Hunter, and much more! Plus, your purchase helps support EveryLibrary!”
- 6 days to go: “Solar Sphere: Harness the Power of the Stars! Hire your crew, fight off the Resistance, and build the Solar Sphere – A highly thematic dice placement game.”
- 10 days to go: “Humble Book Bundle: Harry Potter Film Vault Series by Insight Editions“—”For the ultimate Harry Potter film fan. Step beyond the limits of the silver screen and join Insight Editions in our newest bundle, a Gringott’s vault filled with the complete Harry Potter Film Vault collection! Discover the makings of the movies, everything from magical creatures to props and more. 12 in-depth volumes will ensure you’re the ultimate wizarding whizz, and there’s even the Harry Potter: Knitting Magic book included – in case you feel like creating some memorabilia to show your house pride! Your Potterific purchase helps support NatureBridge!”
- 7 days to go: “Anne of Green Gables: Vampire Hunter. A limited edition case laminate hardcover of “Anne of Green Gables: Vampire Hunter” for readers 9-12.” From Jordan Stratford and Laudanum Studios. This needs your support if it is going to happen!
- 7 days to go: “Andromeda: Module for Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG. A Mothership Sci-Fi horror RPG compatible module presented in a fluorescent fold out zine format set on the Andromeda Hub Station.”
- 9 days to go: “ELEGOO Jupiter: 12.8″ 6K Mono MSLA 3D Printer. The ELEGOO Jupiter lets printing large scale, high accuracy, and intricate parts really simple.” They’re sitting above $4 million right now.
- 10 days to go: “Alien Armory. A collection of bio-punk weapons, armors and equipment compatible with the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.”
- 10 days to go: “Technomagical post-apocalyptic tabletop roleplaying ebooks from GOODMAN GAMES. MUTANT CRAWL CLASSICS. The MCC rulebook (based on DUNGEON CRAWL CLASSICS) and many .PDF modules.”
- 12 days to go: Tin Helm. A expansive in heart, yet compact in size, solo dungeon crawling experience that will satisfy.” This is a mini conversion of Grey Gnome Games’ Iron Helm.
- 11 days to go: “The Call of Cthulhu Chocolate Bar. H. P. Lovecraft-inspired chocolate bar. Nori seaweed, ginger spice, & candied ginger in dark chocolate. Handmade & bean-to-bar.” Actually 12 flavours in the works, and the launch of an ongoing shop.
- 11 days to go: “QUEERZ! RPG. The anime tabletop RPG where you fight intolerance with empathy and rainbow powers! Based on the ‘QUEERZ!’ manga and City of Mist RPG.”
- 11 days to go: “Mecha & Monsters: Evolved – A TinyD6 RPG. A new edition of the minimalistic, rules-light Mecha and Kaiju TinyD6 roleplaying game. #Get Stompy!”
- 12 days to go: “ZipWarz: Core Rules. A rules-lite war game for $5″—”Welcome to ZipWarz, a new tabletop war game system that is rules-lite, customizable, and plays faster than most other war games you currently enjoy. In ZipWarz, each player brings customized armies to the battlefield in an attempt to vie for victory using tactical movements, devastating attacks, and special abilities. The player who gains the most Victory Points by the end of round 4 wins the game.”
- 12 days to go: “Clever Girl. A 1 or 2 player tabletop roleplaying game about survival in a failed dinosaur theme park.”—”Clever Girl is a journaling game based on Chris Bissette’s The Wretched and Matt Sander’s Wretched & Alone framework. It is inspired by the works of Michael Crichton and Steven Spielberg. Using a tumbling block tower, a standard deck of playing cards, and a 6-sided die, Clever Girl guides players through a 1- or 2-player game, embodying either the last human survivor of a failed dinosaur theme park or the leader of a raptor pack consumed by revenge after suffering at the hands of the humans. During play, you will narrate the days of your story using playing cards to randomize prompts from the game book. Some may ask you questions, others will ask you to pull blocks from the tower. Play as long as you can before catastrophe ends your story.”
- 13 days to go: “Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse: Beyond Thunder City. New worlds for mice and their motorcycle clubs from the award winning tabletop RPG.”—”Beyond Thunder City is an anthology of settings for Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse, the award-winning RPG of mice and their motorcycle clubs! It is a 6×9 book, to be released digitally and in paperback, of five worlds for use with the core H.M.T.M. game (available at a discount through this very campaign!), written by some of the most imaginative designers in the industry today and illustrated by our friend Jacob Hunt.”
- 13 days to go: “Bernpyle: YEAR ONE. An unofficial Mausritter supplement, an anthology of the first year of the Bernpyle zine.”—”Bernpyle has been a every-other-month Mausritter zine in publication since October 2020. The story of Bernpyle is simple, it was a dream turned hobby and then a hobby turned passion and from there it has become, well, it has become a joy! When COVID 19 and the quarantines forced all of our lives to change, many of us once again started playing more Table-Top Role Playing Games, it was in the indie scene that Mausritter by Isaac Williams was discovered. Just like, the world had a new expression of adventuring. The Discord community that Mausritter fostered gave birth to some amazing third-party supplements and Bernpyle was one of the firsts. Since then the community has boomed and Mausritter has already launched two Box Sets and there are 100s of fan made, third-party adventures. To date, Bernpyle has a total of six issues and this project in the YEAR ONE anniversary anthology of these zines.” From Matthew “ManaRampMatt” Morris.
- 14 days to go: “Blackbirds RPG. A horrific dark fantasy world Powered by Zweihander RPG from creator Ryan Verniere.”—”BLACKBIRDS is a tabletop RPG set in a fantasy world inspired by Europe during the Hundred Years’ War. In Erebos, a cabal of power-hungry Oligarchs has stolen godhood. Their horrific act has rent the fabric of reality, allowing corrupt magic to undermine the world’s natural order. An atmosphere of lingering dread was ushered in by the recent destruction of the gods. And after slaying heaven’s pantheon, the Oligarchs turned their dark intentions on the very arbiters of Fate.”
- 19 days to go: “Into the Odd Remastered. A rules-light, flavour-heavy roleplaying game of industrial horror and cosmic strangeness.”—”Bastion is the only city that matters. In its industrial age, it sits as the smoke-shrouded hub of mankind, surrounded by a world of lurking horrors and cosmic interference. The Underground spreads beneath our feet and the stars loom above. You are an Explorer, braving places too far for maps and too old for records. Your expeditions touch the bizarre, wondrous, and horrific. You search for riches, but also Arcana, mysterious devices with unnatural powers. The remastered version of the 2014 TTRPG revisits Industrial Bastionland, giving the original Into the Odd a lavish hardback, full-colour restoration with expanded content. The book is written by Chris McDowall (Electric Bastionland) with graphic design by Johan Nohr (MÖRK BORG) and will be printed and distributed by Free League Publishing (Tales from the Loop, The One Ring, Forbidden Lands). The book will be around 136 pages digest format.”
- 19 days to go: “BLIGHTER: TRACKER OF THE REALM. A bad role model with the stripes to prove it! A Monstrous Adventure by Jeff Parker & Drew Moss.”—”BLIGHTER is an original graphic novel by writer Jeff Parker (X-Men First Class, Flash Gordon, Batman ’66 and Future Quest) and artist Drew Moss (Vampirella/Red Sonja, Star Wars, The Crow, Army Of The Dead, M.A.S.K. and Heavy Metal). Available in both paperback and digital download editions, BLIGHTER is a dimension-spanning, action-packed suspense ride, chock-full of monsters, and a swaggeringly brutal Tiger-man who fancies himself a living legend.”
- 20 days to go: “Humble Book Bundle: Witchcraft, Magick, and Spirituality“—”There’s more to life than meets the eye… Life isn’t the straightforward journey we all believe it to be. There is so much about our world, our solar system, and our universe we don’t understand. There are mysteries and magic in every corner of our world, and we’ve collected some of that mystical knowledge up for you to get your hands on, no travel required! Thanks to our partners at Hay House, Weiser Books, and HarperCollins, it’s easier than ever to explore spirituality, magick, and elements of witchcraft with ebooks like Wicca Made Easy, Wishcraft, Witchery, and Year Of The Witch. Plus, your purchase helps support a charity of your choice!
- 20 days to go: “Apocalyptic Record for Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Ann. Ed. Deluxe W20 Apocalyptic Record.”
- 20 days to go: “Skinny Minis 2: An Easier Way to Mini. Durable, beautiful, affordable minis. New art and tons of new freebies!” With new digital only tiers announced for your VTT use!
- 23 days to go: “Argon EON: 4-Bay Network Storage powered by Raspberry Pi 4. A Network Attached Storage (NAS) for people who love to tinker around with cool stuff and the makers at heart.”
- 26 days to go: “Verdant. A puzzly spatial board game of houseplant collection and care with gorgeous artwork by Beth Sobel!”
- 26 days to go: “Drop Drive. Instant Space… Infinite Possibilities! A new drop-style sandbox game for 2 to 5* players, from the creators of Dungeon Drop!”
- 27 days to go: “Adventure Post: Train of Terror (relaunch). A 12-chapter long horror-themed, solo adventure delivered to your door via postcard, including an interactive PDF and free Teasers!”
- 29 days to go: “MÖRK BORG Core Item Reference Cards. MÖRK BORG compatible core items reference cards. A set of up to 160 tarot sized cards for use when playing TTRPGS.”
- Upcoming: “Traveler’s Ironsworn: Mobile and Deluxe Editions. An invaluable part of your Ironsworn play kit… now in super-durable synthetic paper and running on your favorite mobile device.”
- Upcoming: “Follow Me Down. A GMless, two-player tabletop roleplaying game inspired by the myth of Orpheus & Eurydice, Powered by the Apocalypse.”
- Upcoming: “The Satanic Coloring Book – Volumes 1 & 2. Explore the world of Satanism in this two volume set of coloring books featuring the NSFW ‘Rituals’ and all ages ‘Animals.’”
- 19 days to go: “Fractal: Beyond the Void. Fractal is redefining the 4X genre with a compact and dynamic strategy game in an ever-changing, story-driven legacy setting.”
- Upcoming: “CY_BORG. Nano-infested doomsday RPG about cybernetic misfits and punks raging against a relentless corporate hell.” From Johan Nohr and Stockholm Kartell. Looks like this will literally be cyberpunk MORK BORG. Via twitter: “CY_BORG—a stand-alone, cyberpunk MÖRK BORG spin-off game—is reaching completion. Rules-light, rage-heavy. 160 pages of cybernetic upheaval. Compatible with the world’s loudest metal album of a game. Coming to Kickstarter later this year. ⧖”
- Upcoming: “Our Haunt by Jamila R. Nedjadi. A narrative RPG about an old house and the ghosts that have found family inside.”
- 20 days to go: “Apawthecaria: A Poultice Pounder Adventure. Solo potion making in the setting of Beast Fables, based on the Apothecaria system.”—”n a nutshell: Wholesome solo animal adventures about helping others and making things better. Inspired by Redwall and Ghibli films.” “Welcome to Apawthecaria: A Poulticepounder Adventure. This is a journaling game set in the Bristley Woods, a wild Scottish forest from the Beast Fables setting which happens to be based on our favourite place in the world – Loch Lomond. This collaborative project mixes the core potion-making, locale exploring gameplay of Apothecaria with the post-human and animal-centric setting of Scurry! Exciting new features include: Location-Based Travelling on a beautiful map of the Bristley Woods. Encounters that change with the region. Pet Insects like fuzzy bees or a guard wasp! If you’re a fan of our previous games, you’ll be as excited as we are by how we’ve put our heads together to make Apawthecaria feel fresh. This game is greater than the sum of its parts; it’s a beast of its own, and we’d love you to play it with us!”
- 21 days to go: “The Red Opera: 5E Tarot Deck of Endless Possibilities. All-In-One Tarot; Playing Card; Spell, Magic Item, Character, Location, and Adventure Deck.”—”The Red Opera: Deck of Endless Possibilities is an All-In-One Tarot; Playing Card; Spell, Magic Item, Character, Location, and Adventure Deck. Brought to you by Apotheosis Studios, this Warlock-inspired deck is filled with details from The Red Opera: Last Days of the Warlock, and includes re-envisioned fan-favorite art for the Major Arcana and all-new illustrations for the Minor Arcana! With the accompanying Storyteller’s Quick Reference Guide to The Shadelands, you can not only use this dark fantasy deck for Tarot and Playing Cards, but also as prompts for new 5E Spells, Magic Items, Characters, Locations, and Adventure hooks. Although designed for 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons, this is a system-agnostic deck and will pair well with any RPG setting of your choosing!” Apotheosis Studios is, in part, Satine Phoenix. Also, options for digital editions on various VTTs, including Foundry.
- Launched, with 27 days to go: “Follow Me Down. A GMless, two-player tabletop roleplaying game inspired by the myth of Orpheus & Eurydice, Powered by the Apocalypse.”—”Follow Me Down is a tabletop roleplaying game for two players, inspired by the legend of Orpheus and Eurydice, and the mythology of the Greek Underworld. It is a story of love and loss that has been told many times and in many different ways. To countless generations, the characters of Orpheus and Eurydice represent the distance we are willing to go for love and the reminder that, no matter how devoted we are, love can only carry us so far. If you’re a fan of Lore Olympus, Neon Gods and Hadestown, then this is the game for you. Follow Me Down is divided into eight sections, called Books of the Dead, where the characters journey through different parts of the underworld in search of one another. It is designed to be GMless, with each player portraying two roles during the course of the game. In each Book, one player takes on the role of The Fates (in what would normally be considered the GM role) while the other player portrays a character based on the archetype of Orpheus or Eurydice. The two players trade off, alternating who is playing their character and who is playing The Fates, until they reach The Gauntlet of Hope and Regret to determine how their story ends. There is a final scene between Orpheus and Eurydice, called the Denouement, which reflects upon the journey the characters have taken, and their relationship to one another at the end of the game.”
- 29 days to go: “Tournament Arc: the sports anime roleplaying game. A sports anime inspired GM-less RPG for everyone.”—”Are you looking to experience the triumphs and defeats of Space Hyper-Basketball? Need to feel the epic highs and dizzying lows of card games in the post-apocalypse? Want to face the trials and tribulations of legally unnamed flying wizard sports? Then tune in to Tournament Arc, the sports anime RPG from Biscuit Fund Games coming to PDF and physical book soon! Built in the renowned Belonging Outside Belonging system, which you may remember from such hit games such as Wanderhome and Dream Askew, Tournament Arc is your very own collaborative sports anime experience. In every thrilling episode, you’ll play the part of the Team as they negotiate the complexities of their daily lives, explore a collaboratively created world, and, most importantly, play the Game.”
- Launched, with 30 days to go: “The Satanic Coloring Book – Volumes 1 & 2. Explore the world of Satanism in this two volume set of coloring books featuring the NSFW ‘Rituals’ and all ages ‘Animals.’”—”Join Hell’s Gatekeeper, Jason Lenox and his band of infamous guest artists; Artetak, Mama Metal, Randy Faust, Dani Zemba, Violet Azimuth and Lucifer Storm as they deliver an infernal and erotic collection of Satanic ritual imagery. Many of the works were inspired by talented models including Lady Vi, Damazonia, Goddess Nyx, Mercy West, Rachel Adams, and Keira Grant. Volume 1 is 44 pages of ADULTS ONLY coloring for Satanists featuring a forward from unholy icon, Lady Vi. Take a second trip with Volume 2, featuring Satanic Temple Co-Founder Lucien Greaves, Black Mass Appeal Co-Host Tabitha Slander, Jane Baker, Christie Shinn, Randy Faust, Violet Azimuth and Jason Atomic as they explore Satanism’s relationship with animals. Volume 2 is 32 pages of ALL AGES coloring, with a forward by Simone Lasher from Black Mass Appeal. All works from BOTH VOLUMES will be available via QR code in the book to download and print in any size and paper type so you can customize your coloring experience while keeping your book in mint condition.”
- Upcoming: “Mimics, An Unnecessary Work, for Use With Fantasy RPGs. This is completely worthless and should be avoided. You do not need a haphazard and random selection of mimic ideas, right?”
- Launched, with 20 days to go: “Our Haunt by Jamila R. Nedjadi. A creepy-cozy TTRPG about a found family of ghosts and their haunted home.”—”Our Haunt is a tabletop RPG about a family of ghosts built on the Belonging Outside Belonging system, inspired by games like Dream Askew/Dream Apart, Wanderhome, and Balikbayan: Returning Home. It’s a rules-light engine with no dice and no masters, focused around tokens and community play.”
- 37 days to go: “Fool’s Gold: Into the Bellowing Wilds. A 5th edition campaign setting based on the hit Youtube series by Dingo Doodles and Felix Irnich.”—”Fools Gold: Into the Bellowing Wilds is an exciting new 5e adventure that takes place in the world’s deadliest jungle where everything wants to kill you! Fun! Enhance your games with this jungle campaign setting, including a buttload of new content. We’ve also got brand new wilder magic & curse charts that will definitely excite GMs while the players pray to the dice gods. Delve into the Bellowing Wilds, discover the rich lore of the world, and find out what happened to the ancient Foreclaimers who disappeared thousands of years ago, leaving ruins, mysteries, MECHANICAL DRAGONS AND DINOSAURS, and awesome treasures behind…”
- 26 days to go: “War Within RPG – Set in a Tense Cold War Arena. A New RPG based in an alternative 1980s Cold War Arena where the players take control of a country and try to survive the coming storm.”—”We have positioned War Within RPG in what we consider to be a new wave of roleplaying. Arguably it began with Dungeon and Dragons 5e and their slimmed down rules set from 4e and now we have games such as Mork Borg that promote themselves as rules-lite. The emphasis today is on a stripped back rules systems nestled in a vibrant world setting that encourages roleplaying. This is a move away from the complex character creation and an emphasis on combat and a swing towards narrative and easy access. Not know the rules is not such a problem for players as the GM is encouraged to give the players an experience they enjoy rather than break it up with rulebook checking. We have tried to place War Within RPG in this environment….”
- Upcoming: “The Worst Generation: A Masks: A New Generation Supplement. A third party supplement for Masks: A New Generation bringing a new city setting, rules for manga inspired drama and more.”
- Upcoming: “Planebreaker—Explore the Planes for 5e. Explore exotic alternate planes with this 5e tome from legendary RPG designers Bruce Cordell, Sean Reynolds, and Monte Cook.”
- Upcoming: “Questlandia RPG – Updated and expanded. A worldbuilding roleplaying game about troubled kingdoms and the people who live there, now with new art and expanded rules.”
- 7 days to go: “Simple and fast tabletop Mythos roleplaying based on THE BLACK HACK. THE CTHULHU HACK. The standalone corebook, investigations, sourcebooks, and more — all as .PDF ebooks.” I almost missed that the bonus collection includes the core book for The Dee Sanction—”The Dee Sanction is a standalone roleplaying game about serving Queen and country in the late Tudor period. You are an Agent of Dee — not by choice, but for self-preservation. Somewhere between conscription and penance, you work with a faint hope you can earn pardon and absolution — if only you can outrun the shadows of your past and the horrors of the present.”
- 24 days to go: “Telepatio: A Game For Believers & Skeptics Alike. Is telepathy real? Can you read minds? OR, is it all just a hoax? Telepatio will find out!”—”Since the early days of human civilization there’s always been one matter we can all agree upon; we are never all going to agree about one opinion or belief. Telepathy is one such topic where opinions tend to differ. Now you and up to five friends get to disagree in our fast-paced and engaging board game – Telepatio!” “In Telepatio, you use the Zener cards in a social and fun interpretation of the original 1930s experiment. By scoring or losing ESP points picking the right or wrong cards you will determine who has the greatest telepathic aptitude; or does it simply come down to luck?” “Every round a player assumes the role of a ‘Sender’. The Sender rolls the Zener dice with the dice cup and views the result in secrecy. The Sender then flips over the hourglass, and must try to telepathically communicate the right Zener symbol to the other players. No words or visual cues of any kind are allowed, you must rely on the power of your mind.”
- 28 days to go: “Pinsta Instant Camera – Micro Darkroom and Negative Enlarger. Analogue Photography for Everyone! Shoot, Develop, Enlarge and Customise Your Own Prints without a Darkroom.”—”Pinsta is a camera which can shoot directly onto positive 4×5 inch photographic paper. It develops internally, and can be used on the go, wherever you are and whenever you like for creating and sharing real analogue prints!” “Pinsta is also a mini-enlarger! For those already shooting film and wanting to get into analogue printing without the expense or need for a darkroom, Pinsta is here to help! Simply load your negatives into the internal enlargement slide and you can enlarge them onto 4×5 inch paper. You can even create prints with fun and creative frames and overlays using Pinsta’s ingenious internal slide system. Anyone can use Pinsta to produce photographic prints of their own, at home or out and about and without any further investment in darkroom equipment besides a dark bag for loading your next shot. Nothing beats the feeling of mounting your very own real photographic prints around your home.”