Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns, bundles, &c., that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching for November, 2021.
- 20 hours to go: “Our Haunt by Jamila R. Nedjadi. A creepy-cozy TTRPG about a found family of ghosts and their haunted home.”
- 30 hours to go: “King Tut’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Weird West Extravabonanza. An All-New, All-Different WEIRD WEST RPG/OSR ZINE from Planet X Games.”
- Only a few days left to pre-order, and then never again available, probably: “The Crimson Scales“—”The Crimson Scales is a comprehensive all-in-one custom unofficial fanmade expansion compatible with Gloomhaven, complete with a game box and the following materials. This is not an official product of Cephalofair Games.”
- 3 days to go: “Follow Me Down. A GMless, two-player tabletop roleplaying game inspired by the myth of Orpheus & Eurydice, Powered by the Apocalypse.”
- 3 days to go: “Holler: An Appalachian Apocalypse for Savage Worlds. A Savage Worlds roleplaying game by Appalachian poet & professor, Tim Earley.”
- 4 days to go: “Skulls of Sedlec Expansion Collection (and reprint). 3 new expansions featuring Merchants, Zealots, and Champions. Plus free solo expansion. Only $10!”
- 5 days to go: “Tournament Arc: the sports anime roleplaying game. A sports anime inspired GM-less RPG for everyone.”
- 6 days to go: “Meow the Infinite: Book Two. An epic all-ages graphic novel series about a starfaring princess and her fearless feline companion.”
- 6 days to go: “The Satanic Coloring Book – Volumes 1 & 2. Explore the world of Satanism in this two volume set of coloring books featuring the NSFW ‘Rituals’ and all ages ‘Animals.'”
- 7 days to go: “From Aug 2016, hardboiled-fantasy SAVAGE WORLDS tabletop roleplaying in the Big Easy. DEADLANDS NOIR. The complete NOIR line from PINNACLE ENTERTAINMENT.”
- 7 days to go: “War Within RPG – Set in a Tense Cold War Arena. A New RPG based in an alternative 1980s Cold War Arena where the players take control of a country and try to survive the coming storm.”
- 10 days to go: “Traveler’s Ironsworn: Deluxe Edition. Enhance your Ironsworn experience with super-durable color-coded reference cards and a sleek new interface for mobile devices.”
- 10 days to go: “Humble RPG Book Bundle: Warhammer Fantasy RPG by Cubicle 7“—”Explore the world of Warhammer. Gather your party and delve into the grim and perilous world of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay with this bundle of RPG ebooks from Cubicle 7. Get essential tomes like the core rulebook and bestiary, dive deeper into the setting with sourcebooks, and strike out on quests across the Old World with a host of adventures. Plus, your purchase helps support WaterAid America!”
- 14 days to go: “Our sixth offer of Cthulhu Mythos tabletop roleplaying game ebooks. TENTACLES 6. APOCTHULHU, TINY CTHULHU, HIDEOUS CREATURES, BAYT AL AZIF, and more.”
- 17 days to go: “Humble Dungeons & Monsters 3D Printable Tabletop Bundle“—”Build a 3D printed fantasy world. Add new dimensions to your tabletop role-playing journeys with this collection of 3D-printable fantasy models. Fire up your 3D printer and create lively townsfolk and town squares; design dank dungeons and dangerous locations to explore; and manifest all manner of creatures to level up your next RPG session. Plus, your purchase will support Cancer Research UK and the Make a Wish Foundation.”
- 17 days to go: “Pinsta Instant Camera – Micro Darkroom and Negative Enlarger. Analogue Photography for Everyone! Shoot, Develop, Enlarge and Customise Your Own Prints without a Darkroom.”
- 17 days to go: “Fool’s Gold: Into the Bellowing Wilds. A 5th edition campaign setting based on the hit Youtube series by Dingo Doodles and Felix Irnich.”
- 17 days to go: “Questlandia RPG – Updated and expanded. A worldbuilding roleplaying game about ill-fated kingdoms and the people who live there, now with new art and expanded rules.”
- 17 days to go: “The Worst Generation: A Masks: A New Generation Supplement. A third party supplement for Masks: A New Generation bringing a new city setting, new content for official works and six new playbooks!”
- 18 days to go: “Planebreaker—Explore the Planes for 5e. Explore exotic alternate planes with this 5e tome from legendary RPG designers Bruce Cordell, Sean Reynolds, and Monte Cook.”
- 19 days to go: “Humble RPG Book Bundle: Numenera by Monte Cook Games“—”You’re invited to the RPG world of Numenera! Welcome to the world of Numenera, a tabletop roleplaying game of exploration and discovery set a billion years in the future. The game is easy to learn and fun to play, and this bundle of digital corebooks, adventures, bestiaries, maps, guides, and more contains everything you need for your journey. The Ninth World awaits you!”
- 22 days to go: “PiBox: A Modular Raspberry Pi Storage Server. Raspberry Pi CM4 + 2x SATA SSDs. 1.3″ Display, HDMI, 2 USB ports, and USB-C powered. Plug and Play. Open and hackable.”
- 22 days to go: “SF tabletop roleplaying ebooks in the Third Imperium of CLASSIC TRAVELLER. TRAVELLER IMPERIUM TOUR. The new FACSIMILE EDITION, ALIEN MODULES, ATLAS, TRAVELLER ADVENTURE, and more .PDFs.”
- 27 days to go: “Cthulhu Hack RPG Second Edition. The award-winning tabletop roleplaying game of Investigation and Revelation in Lovecraft’s Dark Universe.”
- Upcoming: “Mimics, An Unnecessary Work, for Use With Fantasy RPGs. This is completely worthless and should be avoided. You do not need a haphazard and random selection of mimic ideas, right?”
- Upcoming: “REACH OF THE ROACH GOD – Part of A Thousand Thousand Islands. A system-neutral tabletop RPG campaign, inspired by the vast caves of Southeast Asia.”
- 15 days to go: “Advanced Lovers and Lesbians. Draw your sword and bare your heart with new character types, fresh settings, and even more ways to enjoy Thirsty Sword Lesbians!”—”Draw your sword and bare your heart with this new print supplement for Thirsty Sword Lesbians! Ten new character playbooks, four adventures, 20+ settings, and a toolbox full of inspirational mechanics will take your game to the next level in Advanced Lovers & Lesbians.”
- 29 days to go: “Down In Yongardy: A Troika! Solo Gamebook. An epic, choose-your-path gamebook inspired by Fighting Fantasy using the mechanics and setting of Troika!”—”Troika! is everyone’s favourite Fighting Fantasy retroclone. Down In Yongardy takes Troika! back to its roots, stripping the mechanics back for solo play and throwing you into a branching-path solo adventure just like the ones you used to love.”
- Upcoming: “HANNIBAL: Artbook. A ‘Printed In Blood’ licensed Artbook collection celebrating the television masterpiece that was ‘Hannibal’.”
- 15 days to go: “Women are Werewolves, a nonbinary story game. Play as non-binary characters in a family where only the women transform into werewolves. On the next full moon, who will you be?”—”Women are Werewolves is a card-based story game in which players take on the roles of nonbinary characters who belong to a family in which only the women transform into werewolves.”
- 21 days to go: “World Auto Racing. The card game that puts you in the driver’s seat! Race through dynamic courses, install mods, utilize your team and fight for the win!”
- 27 days to go: “LATAM Breakout. Five new games from emerging creators in Latin America, brought to print with support from SoulMuppet Publishing.”
- Upcoming: “The Krampus Collection 2021. Enamel pins, Christmas cards, treats, and tricks for naughty kids.”
- Upcoming: “The Cleaning of Prison Station Echo. Survive, solve, or save in this hallucinatory prison crawl for the newly updated Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.”
- Upcoming: “CY_BORG. Nano-infested doomsday RPG about cybernetic misfits and punks raging against a relentless corporate hell.”
- 21 days to go: “Bridge to Elsewhere Short Story Anthology! A ship is only as good as her crew. These are their stories.”—”In the vastness of space, there’s room for all types of adventures. Scientists seek to solve the mysteries of the universe. Explorers look for lost alien civilizations or new worlds to support life. Planet builders and planet smugglers create life and steal worlds. And some human spacefarers navigate with the help (or hindrance) of feline or feathered companions. The universe contains infinite possibilities—but while space is limitless, it’s the people who travel it that make their adventures worth reading. And many of the decisions they make happen on the bridge of a spaceship.”
- 19 days to go: “Humble Manga Bundle: Lone Wolf & Cub by Koike from Dark Horse.”—”A timeless samurai tale. Discover the sprawling, epic story of a swordsman and his son in this Lone Wolf and Cub collection from Dark Horse. This landmark manga series, written by the brilliant Kazuo Koike and featuring the breathtaking visuals of Goseki Kojima, is widely regarded as one of the most influential works of graphic fiction ever created, inspiring countless storytellers, artists, and filmmakers across Japan and the West. Own these and other classic Koike works like Crying Freeman and Lady Snowblood in this bundle supporting the Hero Initiative and the charity of your choice.”
- 11 days to go: “Graveyard of the Lost Gods, a Mörk Borg Soundscape. A collection of nine haunting tracks and associated encounter hooks.”—”Available as a digital soundscape ($2 perk) or a 12″ vinyl record ($32 and higher), this new third-party Mörk Borg soundtrack and encounter hooks is intended for experienced gamemasters who enjoy wiping out the party. TPK4LIFE!” Via email—”This new 12″ vinyl record project features nine encounter hooks and one haunting track for each encounter idea. With game content printed on the inner sleeve and an 11″ x 22″ double-sided insert, this new record + game material is packed with enough destruction and doom to slaughter the entire party! Designed for experienced gamemasters.”
- Now launched with 17 days to go, and barely keeping up with adding new stretch goals: “CY_BORG. Nano-infested doomsday RPG about cybernetic misfits and punks raging against a relentless corporate hell.”—”The heresiarchs that forced MÖRK BORG upon this dying world present the hard-wired, deck hacking, brick-throwing spin-off.” “CY_BORG is a complete rules-light, rage-heavy tabletop roleplaying game based on and compatible with MÖRK BORG. Easy to play, easy to hack.”
- Now launched with 17 days to go, and barely keeping up with adding new stretch goals: “Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG 1st Edition Boxed Set. Everything you need to play Mothership® in one horrifying box.”—”Welcome to Mothership, the award-winning sci-fi horror tabletop RPG where you and your crew try to survive in the most inhospitable environment in the universe: outer space! You’ll excavate dangerous derelict spacecraft, explore strange unknown worlds, encounter hostile alien life and examine the horrors encroaching upon your every move.” “The game has been in development since 2017 and has won numerous awards since its release. This Boxed Set updates our early release edition and completes it, making this the official First Edition.”
- 18 days to go: “ATOMIKA: GOD IS RED OMNIBUS by Sal Abbinanti and Andrew Dabb. The complete series plus rare pinups by Bradstreet, Colan, Cooke, Fabry, Romita Sr., Ross, Sienkiewicz, Turner and more!”—”God is Red follows ATOMIKA across a 12-issue story arc, as he travels the Soviet Union doing battle with the old mythological gods of Slavic Russia. It was originally published as a series by Mercury Comics. The new ATOMIKA: GOD IS RED Omnibus collects the entire story in a single volume with 350+ pages! In addition to the complete 12-issue series, The ATOMIKA: God is Red Omnibus includes 75+ pages of all-new art—featuring rare and never-before-seen covers & pin-ups by Tim Bradstreet, Claudio Castellini, Gene Colan, Darwyn Cooke, Glen Fabry, David Mack, Eric Powell, John Romita Sr., Alex Ross, Steve Rude, Bill Sienkiewicz, Michael Turner, and more!”
- Underground Maps & Passkeys, a Blades in the Dark charity bundle. “Underground Maps & Passkeys is a collection of alternative starting situations for Blades in the Dark, along with other odds and ends, written and compiled by members of the official Blades Discord community. Attend Charterhall University’s exhibition of new alchemical and electroplasmic technologies. Ensure Duskwall’s latest 5-star restaurant gets the reviews it deserves. Race high-speed sparkcraft skiffs against other daredevils on the secret canals beneath the city. Whether you’re looking for an alternative starting scenario to the one presented in the core Blades rulebook, to play a game of Fiasco set in Duskwall, or just to see how other people have interpreted the world of Blades, this zine has something for you.” “All profits from Underground Maps & Passkeys will be donated to The Bail Project, an organization dedicated to ending cash bail and, in the meantime, paying bail for those that cannot afford it.”
- 18 days to go: “Sprawlscape. Cyberpunk urban sandbox generator for MOTHERSHIP RPG and Network 23. Draw cards, build your sprawl, set it on fire.”—”SPRAWLSCAPE brings cyberpunk to MOTHERSHIP: a card-based procedural engine to create and populate cyber sprawls within minutes. 60+ colour saddle-stitched pages, plenty of tools, killer art, infinite combinations. AND MEGADECK: stand-alone custom deck of 52+ cards to create and visualise your cyber megapolis. It comes with transports, waterways, hooks, NPCs, 1000+ named locations and much more. Each card is also a map. Cards can be used as stand-alone one-page city-crawls.” “A procedural city urban builder compatible with MOTHERSHIP RPG and Network 23; easily portable to any other system out there, be it OSR, PbtA, or Solo.”
- Launched with 8 days to go: “The Krampus Collection 2021. Enamel pins, Christmas cards, treats, and tricks for naughty kids.”—”Season’s greetings! My name is Kristopher McClanahan and my wife Lindsay and I love monsters! Together we formed Deeply Dapper back in 2010 to sell my artwork and our creations. Every holiday season, we make custom monster Christmas Cards and Krampus sends his minions to crack their birch branches and rattle their chains to keep us on task through the winter. This is the SIXTH ANNUAL KRAMPUS COLLECTION!” “This year, I’ve continued my infatuation with Beistle and similar Halloween decor from the 1930’s-1950’s with a Krampus design based on a classic paper decoration.” “This is also a SHORT project: Only 9 DAYS! It ends on November 24th, so don’t wait!”
- 19 days to go: “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Adventure Game by Modiphius Entertainment. An epic co-operative or solo adventure across Skyrim with hundreds of hours of gameplay. Return to Skyrim with friends!”—”Play solo or with up to three friends. Explore a world on the brink of doom. Choose from six different characters as part of the base game. Expand your selection with an additional four with the Dawnguard expansion. Follow their unique playstyles and specializations, or choose your own path.”
- Open for late pledges, closing pledge manager Summer 2022: “Arydia: The Paths We Dare Tread by Far Off Games. An open world, campaign based, cooperative fantasy role playing board game for 1-4 players. All miniatures come Pre-Painted!” But, also: “By popular demand, we’re offering our first game, XIA and expansions for you to add on to your pledge.”
- 14 days to go: “From Aug 2016, the tabletop post-apocalyptic fantasy RPG from DREAM POD 9. TRIBE 8. EVERYTHING YOU NEED for a campaign of horror, hope, and dream magic.”—”Weaver, attend! We’ve resurrected our August 2016 Tribe 8 Bundle featuring the tabletop fantasy roleplaying game Tribe 8 from Dream Pod 9. When demonic Z’bri horrors enslave humanity, the Earth Goddess manifests magical avatars called Fatimas to overthrow the demons. But life under the Fatimas is no utopia either. Tribe 8 player characters are the Fallen — outcasts from the seven Fatima tribes — determined to build from the world’s ashes an eighth tribe and a new society. The past is dead. Your future begins now.” Also “TRIBE 8: TRIBES IN THE DARK“—”The Tribe 8 RPG was first released in 1998 and became a cult classic. Its post-apocalyptic, dark fantasy setting was presented through a line of twenty-three books, including a second edition. The game chronicled the rise and tribulations of the Fallen – outcasts from the society created by the demi-goddesses known as the Fatimas – in the wake of humanity’s liberation from enslavement by demonic beings called the Z’bri. The new game line will leverage the Forged in the Dark system to bring more player agency and narrative focused play to the beloved world of Vimary. With planned conversion appendix to allow use of the older Tribe 8 books with the new system.”
- Upcoming (Dec 7th): “Vaesen RPG – Mythic Britain & Ireland. Face the mythic creatures of Britain and Ireland in this expansion to the multiple award-winning Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying.” Via email—”Do you dare to leave the Mythic North and set sail for mist shrouded isles? Free League today announced a crowdfunding campaign for Vaesen RPG – Mythic Britain & Ireland set to launch at Kickstarter on December 7, at 3 pm CET. Face the mythic creatures of Britain and Ireland in the upcoming expansion to the multiple award-winning Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying. The brand new setting invites you to experience gothic horror mysteries in the lands of Mary Shelley, Arthur Conan Doyle and Bram Stoker. Written by industry legend and ENNIE-winner Graeme Davis (The Enemy Within) and beautifully illustrated by ENNIE-winning artist Johan Egerkrans. More in-depth information will be revealed at the launch of the Kickstarter on December 7, at 3 pm CEST. Join the Society and discover the horrible truth behind the old tales.”
- 4 days to go: “Relic (Original System + 5e Conversion). A tabletop RPG of camaraderie, teamwork, exploring the wilderness, and encountering colossal titans in a world haunted by its past.”—”Relic is a tabletop RPG of camaraderie, teamwork, exploration, balance with nature, and encountering colossal titans in a world haunted by its past. Players take on the role of titan hunters traversing their way across three unique settings, looking to confront the great titans that roam the land and forge a safe future for humanity. It’s a game about brave souls working together to overcome challenges far, far greater than themselves.”
- 12 days to go: “ZERO Sievert. A post apocalyptic game inspired by STALKER.”—”ZERO Sievert is a post apocalyptic 2D game inspired by STALKER. Explore a fictional part of Russia after an old nuclear power plant explodes, releasing radiation that has changed the environment and living beings.”
- 7 days to go: “Be Like a Crow. A solo journalling RPG where you get to be like a crow.”—”All you need is a pen and paper, a deck of playing cards, and your unbridled imagination to take flight. This Kickstarter is for a solo-RPG that will allow you to become a crow and do crowy things whilst journalling your experiences. The softcover A5 rulebook contains everything you need to get started in a few minutes, as well as beautiful corvid-themed artwork.”
- 26 hours to go: “Moonlight on Roseville Beach. A Queer Game of Disco & Cosmic Horror”—”Moonlight on Roseville Beach: A Queer Game of Disco & Cosmic Horror is a tabletop roleplaying game that brings together the supernatural investigations and monster hunting of the weird fiction tales of the 20s and 30s from pulp magazines like Weird Tales with the queer romance and adventure of the 50s, 60s, and 70s novelists like Ann Bannon.”
- 7 days to go: “MARK OF DRACULA, a gothic zine. Make your own classic gothic horror film. An rpg for Side Quest 2021. #SideQuest2021″—”Mark of Dracula is a gothic horror RPG for 2+ players and a Night Mother — the game’s facilitator. Create your own classic monster movie ripped right out of the Victorian era!”
- 15 days to go: “The modern fantasy tabletop roleplaying game from MODIPHIUS. LIMINAL. Face the Hidden World on the boundary between the ordinary and supernatural”
- 16 days to go: “Things That Go Squeak in the Night. A tabletop roleplaying game about brave mice in a modern world of urban fantasy.”—”Things That Go Squeak in the Night is a rules-light tabletop role-playing game where you play heroic mice saving human children from evil faeries and demons, all while keeping yourselves secret from adults, in a contemporary urban fantasy setting.”
- 59 days to go: “HELL NIGHT. A doom biker RPG rule-artbook inspired by badass metal covers and the spirit of a strange decade. Ride beyond and behold.”—”HELL NIGHT is Doom Biker RPG setting based in the 80s that will be presented in a visually stunning artbook. Each page will feature mindblowing illustrations and a powerful writing which will inspire you to delve further into this world which feels like your favorite badass metal album cover. The book will provide a fully immersive agnostic setting experience with an optional system of preference which has been tried & tested successfully with the authors former works (Neurocity and Warpland) and can be explained to a newcomer to the RPG hobby in 15 minutes.” “All of this set in the roaring, goddamned 80s. Where being cool matters more than being good, and the way your hair looks while riding that badass chopper is a powerful statement worth risking brain damage.”
Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns, bundles, &c., that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching for October, 2021.
- 40 minutes to go: “Briar & Bramble. Full art and printed copies of Briar & Bramble”—”This Kickstarter is to fund the creation of a full art and physical version of Briar & Bramble which is available for FREE at https://drunkwizard.itch.io/briar Play as a community of wayward animals in search of a new home in Briar & Bramble, a community focused roleplaying game crafted in the heart of the English woodlands.”
- 42 minutes to go: “Humble Comic Bundle: TV & Movies by Titan Comics“—”Comics based on epic movies/shows? Yes please! We’ve teamed up with Titan Comics for our newest bundle! Get comics and ebooks including the manga reimagining of Sherlock (starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the eponymous sleuth), Showtime’s hit Penny Dreadful, Robotech, Robotech Volume 4, Blade Runner 2019, and Star Trek. Plus, your purchase will support Comicbooks for Kids!”
- 2 hours to go: “RANE IN BLOOD: Mothership Adventure & Antagonist Sourcebook. ☠️ SPACE PIRATES | CULTS | ORGAN THIEVES | FAILED CLONES | GENETIC VAMPIRES & MUCH MORE! For use with the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.”
- 3 hours to go: “Relics of Rajavihara and Montalo’s Revenge Expansion. A puzzly solo adventure game: The original game, plus 30 all-new levels with brand new challenges.”
- 4 days to go: “The Moon’s Daughter. A children’s book about love, compassion, and friendship. By Liam and Seb Mckinnon.”—”This story takes place in a faraway world of endless ice and snow. Here resides the Moon’s Daughter and her loyal companion, the Fox. Earthbound, she must take care of the northern lands and her animal friends, though she longs to see Father Moon again. A tale of love, compassion and friendship told in 5 chapters, for children and adults alike!”
- 6 days to go: “Humble Audiobook Bundle: Voices of Warhammer 2021 by Black Library“—”Live the Warhammer universe, one audiobook at a time. Age of Sigmar? 40K? Whether you’re a fan of fantasy or sci-fi, Black Library is delivering a wealth of Warhammer stories right to your eardrums, with our newest bundle. Sit back, relax, and lose yourself in audiobooks and audiodramas like Cadian Honour, Soul Hunter, and much more! Plus, your purchase helps support EveryLibrary!”
- 6 days to go: “Solar Sphere: Harness the Power of the Stars! Hire your crew, fight off the Resistance, and build the Solar Sphere – A highly thematic dice placement game.”
- 10 days to go: “Humble Book Bundle: Harry Potter Film Vault Series by Insight Editions“—”For the ultimate Harry Potter film fan. Step beyond the limits of the silver screen and join Insight Editions in our newest bundle, a Gringott’s vault filled with the complete Harry Potter Film Vault collection! Discover the makings of the movies, everything from magical creatures to props and more. 12 in-depth volumes will ensure you’re the ultimate wizarding whizz, and there’s even the Harry Potter: Knitting Magic book included – in case you feel like creating some memorabilia to show your house pride! Your Potterific purchase helps support NatureBridge!”
- 7 days to go: “Anne of Green Gables: Vampire Hunter. A limited edition case laminate hardcover of “Anne of Green Gables: Vampire Hunter” for readers 9-12.” From Jordan Stratford and Laudanum Studios. This needs your support if it is going to happen!
- 7 days to go: “Andromeda: Module for Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG. A Mothership Sci-Fi horror RPG compatible module presented in a fluorescent fold out zine format set on the Andromeda Hub Station.”
- 9 days to go: “ELEGOO Jupiter: 12.8″ 6K Mono MSLA 3D Printer. The ELEGOO Jupiter lets printing large scale, high accuracy, and intricate parts really simple.” They’re sitting above $4 million right now.
- 10 days to go: “Alien Armory. A collection of bio-punk weapons, armors and equipment compatible with the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.”
- 10 days to go: “Technomagical post-apocalyptic tabletop roleplaying ebooks from GOODMAN GAMES. MUTANT CRAWL CLASSICS. The MCC rulebook (based on DUNGEON CRAWL CLASSICS) and many .PDF modules.”
- 12 days to go: Tin Helm. A expansive in heart, yet compact in size, solo dungeon crawling experience that will satisfy.” This is a mini conversion of Grey Gnome Games’ Iron Helm.
- 11 days to go: “The Call of Cthulhu Chocolate Bar. H. P. Lovecraft-inspired chocolate bar. Nori seaweed, ginger spice, & candied ginger in dark chocolate. Handmade & bean-to-bar.” Actually 12 flavours in the works, and the launch of an ongoing shop.
- 11 days to go: “QUEERZ! RPG. The anime tabletop RPG where you fight intolerance with empathy and rainbow powers! Based on the ‘QUEERZ!’ manga and City of Mist RPG.”
- 11 days to go: “Mecha & Monsters: Evolved – A TinyD6 RPG. A new edition of the minimalistic, rules-light Mecha and Kaiju TinyD6 roleplaying game. #Get Stompy!”
- 12 days to go: “ZipWarz: Core Rules. A rules-lite war game for $5″—”Welcome to ZipWarz, a new tabletop war game system that is rules-lite, customizable, and plays faster than most other war games you currently enjoy. In ZipWarz, each player brings customized armies to the battlefield in an attempt to vie for victory using tactical movements, devastating attacks, and special abilities. The player who gains the most Victory Points by the end of round 4 wins the game.”
- 12 days to go: “Clever Girl. A 1 or 2 player tabletop roleplaying game about survival in a failed dinosaur theme park.”—”Clever Girl is a journaling game based on Chris Bissette’s The Wretched and Matt Sander’s Wretched & Alone framework. It is inspired by the works of Michael Crichton and Steven Spielberg. Using a tumbling block tower, a standard deck of playing cards, and a 6-sided die, Clever Girl guides players through a 1- or 2-player game, embodying either the last human survivor of a failed dinosaur theme park or the leader of a raptor pack consumed by revenge after suffering at the hands of the humans. During play, you will narrate the days of your story using playing cards to randomize prompts from the game book. Some may ask you questions, others will ask you to pull blocks from the tower. Play as long as you can before catastrophe ends your story.”
- 13 days to go: “Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse: Beyond Thunder City. New worlds for mice and their motorcycle clubs from the award winning tabletop RPG.”—”Beyond Thunder City is an anthology of settings for Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse, the award-winning RPG of mice and their motorcycle clubs! It is a 6×9 book, to be released digitally and in paperback, of five worlds for use with the core H.M.T.M. game (available at a discount through this very campaign!), written by some of the most imaginative designers in the industry today and illustrated by our friend Jacob Hunt.”
- 13 days to go: “Bernpyle: YEAR ONE. An unofficial Mausritter supplement, an anthology of the first year of the Bernpyle zine.”—”Bernpyle has been a every-other-month Mausritter zine in publication since October 2020. The story of Bernpyle is simple, it was a dream turned hobby and then a hobby turned passion and from there it has become, well, it has become a joy! When COVID 19 and the quarantines forced all of our lives to change, many of us once again started playing more Table-Top Role Playing Games, it was in the indie scene that Mausritter by Isaac Williams was discovered. Just like, the world had a new expression of adventuring. The Discord community that Mausritter fostered gave birth to some amazing third-party supplements and Bernpyle was one of the firsts. Since then the community has boomed and Mausritter has already launched two Box Sets and there are 100s of fan made, third-party adventures. To date, Bernpyle has a total of six issues and this project in the YEAR ONE anniversary anthology of these zines.” From Matthew “ManaRampMatt” Morris.
- 14 days to go: “Blackbirds RPG. A horrific dark fantasy world Powered by Zweihander RPG from creator Ryan Verniere.”—”BLACKBIRDS is a tabletop RPG set in a fantasy world inspired by Europe during the Hundred Years’ War. In Erebos, a cabal of power-hungry Oligarchs has stolen godhood. Their horrific act has rent the fabric of reality, allowing corrupt magic to undermine the world’s natural order. An atmosphere of lingering dread was ushered in by the recent destruction of the gods. And after slaying heaven’s pantheon, the Oligarchs turned their dark intentions on the very arbiters of Fate.”
- 19 days to go: “Into the Odd Remastered. A rules-light, flavour-heavy roleplaying game of industrial horror and cosmic strangeness.”—”Bastion is the only city that matters. In its industrial age, it sits as the smoke-shrouded hub of mankind, surrounded by a world of lurking horrors and cosmic interference. The Underground spreads beneath our feet and the stars loom above. You are an Explorer, braving places too far for maps and too old for records. Your expeditions touch the bizarre, wondrous, and horrific. You search for riches, but also Arcana, mysterious devices with unnatural powers. The remastered version of the 2014 TTRPG revisits Industrial Bastionland, giving the original Into the Odd a lavish hardback, full-colour restoration with expanded content. The book is written by Chris McDowall (Electric Bastionland) with graphic design by Johan Nohr (MÖRK BORG) and will be printed and distributed by Free League Publishing (Tales from the Loop, The One Ring, Forbidden Lands). The book will be around 136 pages digest format.”
- 19 days to go: “BLIGHTER: TRACKER OF THE REALM. A bad role model with the stripes to prove it! A Monstrous Adventure by Jeff Parker & Drew Moss.”—”BLIGHTER is an original graphic novel by writer Jeff Parker (X-Men First Class, Flash Gordon, Batman ’66 and Future Quest) and artist Drew Moss (Vampirella/Red Sonja, Star Wars, The Crow, Army Of The Dead, M.A.S.K. and Heavy Metal). Available in both paperback and digital download editions, BLIGHTER is a dimension-spanning, action-packed suspense ride, chock-full of monsters, and a swaggeringly brutal Tiger-man who fancies himself a living legend.”
- 20 days to go: “Humble Book Bundle: Witchcraft, Magick, and Spirituality“—”There’s more to life than meets the eye… Life isn’t the straightforward journey we all believe it to be. There is so much about our world, our solar system, and our universe we don’t understand. There are mysteries and magic in every corner of our world, and we’ve collected some of that mystical knowledge up for you to get your hands on, no travel required! Thanks to our partners at Hay House, Weiser Books, and HarperCollins, it’s easier than ever to explore spirituality, magick, and elements of witchcraft with ebooks like Wicca Made Easy, Wishcraft, Witchery, and Year Of The Witch. Plus, your purchase helps support a charity of your choice!
- 20 days to go: “Apocalyptic Record for Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Ann. Ed. Deluxe W20 Apocalyptic Record.”
- 20 days to go: “Skinny Minis 2: An Easier Way to Mini. Durable, beautiful, affordable minis. New art and tons of new freebies!” With new digital only tiers announced for your VTT use!
- 23 days to go: “Argon EON: 4-Bay Network Storage powered by Raspberry Pi 4. A Network Attached Storage (NAS) for people who love to tinker around with cool stuff and the makers at heart.”
- 26 days to go: “Verdant. A puzzly spatial board game of houseplant collection and care with gorgeous artwork by Beth Sobel!”
- 26 days to go: “Drop Drive. Instant Space… Infinite Possibilities! A new drop-style sandbox game for 2 to 5* players, from the creators of Dungeon Drop!”
- 27 days to go: “Adventure Post: Train of Terror (relaunch). A 12-chapter long horror-themed, solo adventure delivered to your door via postcard, including an interactive PDF and free Teasers!”
- 29 days to go: “MÖRK BORG Core Item Reference Cards. MÖRK BORG compatible core items reference cards. A set of up to 160 tarot sized cards for use when playing TTRPGS.”
- Upcoming: “Traveler’s Ironsworn: Mobile and Deluxe Editions. An invaluable part of your Ironsworn play kit… now in super-durable synthetic paper and running on your favorite mobile device.”
- Upcoming: “Follow Me Down. A GMless, two-player tabletop roleplaying game inspired by the myth of Orpheus & Eurydice, Powered by the Apocalypse.”
- Upcoming: “The Satanic Coloring Book – Volumes 1 & 2. Explore the world of Satanism in this two volume set of coloring books featuring the NSFW ‘Rituals’ and all ages ‘Animals.'”
- 19 days to go: “Fractal: Beyond the Void. Fractal is redefining the 4X genre with a compact and dynamic strategy game in an ever-changing, story-driven legacy setting.”
- Upcoming: “CY_BORG. Nano-infested doomsday RPG about cybernetic misfits and punks raging against a relentless corporate hell.” From Johan Nohr and Stockholm Kartell. Looks like this will literally be cyberpunk MORK BORG. Via twitter: “CY_BORG—a stand-alone, cyberpunk MÖRK BORG spin-off game—is reaching completion. Rules-light, rage-heavy. 160 pages of cybernetic upheaval. Compatible with the world’s loudest metal album of a game. Coming to Kickstarter later this year. ⧖”
- Upcoming: “Our Haunt by Jamila R. Nedjadi. A narrative RPG about an old house and the ghosts that have found family inside.”
- 20 days to go: “Apawthecaria: A Poultice Pounder Adventure. Solo potion making in the setting of Beast Fables, based on the Apothecaria system.”—”n a nutshell: Wholesome solo animal adventures about helping others and making things better. Inspired by Redwall and Ghibli films.” “Welcome to Apawthecaria: A Poulticepounder Adventure. This is a journaling game set in the Bristley Woods, a wild Scottish forest from the Beast Fables setting which happens to be based on our favourite place in the world – Loch Lomond. This collaborative project mixes the core potion-making, locale exploring gameplay of Apothecaria with the post-human and animal-centric setting of Scurry! Exciting new features include: Location-Based Travelling on a beautiful map of the Bristley Woods. Encounters that change with the region. Pet Insects like fuzzy bees or a guard wasp! If you’re a fan of our previous games, you’ll be as excited as we are by how we’ve put our heads together to make Apawthecaria feel fresh. This game is greater than the sum of its parts; it’s a beast of its own, and we’d love you to play it with us!”
- 21 days to go: “The Red Opera: 5E Tarot Deck of Endless Possibilities. All-In-One Tarot; Playing Card; Spell, Magic Item, Character, Location, and Adventure Deck.”—”The Red Opera: Deck of Endless Possibilities is an All-In-One Tarot; Playing Card; Spell, Magic Item, Character, Location, and Adventure Deck. Brought to you by Apotheosis Studios, this Warlock-inspired deck is filled with details from The Red Opera: Last Days of the Warlock, and includes re-envisioned fan-favorite art for the Major Arcana and all-new illustrations for the Minor Arcana! With the accompanying Storyteller’s Quick Reference Guide to The Shadelands, you can not only use this dark fantasy deck for Tarot and Playing Cards, but also as prompts for new 5E Spells, Magic Items, Characters, Locations, and Adventure hooks. Although designed for 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons, this is a system-agnostic deck and will pair well with any RPG setting of your choosing!” Apotheosis Studios is, in part, Satine Phoenix. Also, options for digital editions on various VTTs, including Foundry.
- Launched, with 27 days to go: “Follow Me Down. A GMless, two-player tabletop roleplaying game inspired by the myth of Orpheus & Eurydice, Powered by the Apocalypse.”—”Follow Me Down is a tabletop roleplaying game for two players, inspired by the legend of Orpheus and Eurydice, and the mythology of the Greek Underworld. It is a story of love and loss that has been told many times and in many different ways. To countless generations, the characters of Orpheus and Eurydice represent the distance we are willing to go for love and the reminder that, no matter how devoted we are, love can only carry us so far. If you’re a fan of Lore Olympus, Neon Gods and Hadestown, then this is the game for you. Follow Me Down is divided into eight sections, called Books of the Dead, where the characters journey through different parts of the underworld in search of one another. It is designed to be GMless, with each player portraying two roles during the course of the game. In each Book, one player takes on the role of The Fates (in what would normally be considered the GM role) while the other player portrays a character based on the archetype of Orpheus or Eurydice. The two players trade off, alternating who is playing their character and who is playing The Fates, until they reach The Gauntlet of Hope and Regret to determine how their story ends. There is a final scene between Orpheus and Eurydice, called the Denouement, which reflects upon the journey the characters have taken, and their relationship to one another at the end of the game.”
- 29 days to go: “Tournament Arc: the sports anime roleplaying game. A sports anime inspired GM-less RPG for everyone.”—”Are you looking to experience the triumphs and defeats of Space Hyper-Basketball? Need to feel the epic highs and dizzying lows of card games in the post-apocalypse? Want to face the trials and tribulations of legally unnamed flying wizard sports? Then tune in to Tournament Arc, the sports anime RPG from Biscuit Fund Games coming to PDF and physical book soon! Built in the renowned Belonging Outside Belonging system, which you may remember from such hit games such as Wanderhome and Dream Askew, Tournament Arc is your very own collaborative sports anime experience. In every thrilling episode, you’ll play the part of the Team as they negotiate the complexities of their daily lives, explore a collaboratively created world, and, most importantly, play the Game.”
- Launched, with 30 days to go: “The Satanic Coloring Book – Volumes 1 & 2. Explore the world of Satanism in this two volume set of coloring books featuring the NSFW ‘Rituals’ and all ages ‘Animals.'”—”Join Hell’s Gatekeeper, Jason Lenox and his band of infamous guest artists; Artetak, Mama Metal, Randy Faust, Dani Zemba, Violet Azimuth and Lucifer Storm as they deliver an infernal and erotic collection of Satanic ritual imagery. Many of the works were inspired by talented models including Lady Vi, Damazonia, Goddess Nyx, Mercy West, Rachel Adams, and Keira Grant. Volume 1 is 44 pages of ADULTS ONLY coloring for Satanists featuring a forward from unholy icon, Lady Vi. Take a second trip with Volume 2, featuring Satanic Temple Co-Founder Lucien Greaves, Black Mass Appeal Co-Host Tabitha Slander, Jane Baker, Christie Shinn, Randy Faust, Violet Azimuth and Jason Atomic as they explore Satanism’s relationship with animals. Volume 2 is 32 pages of ALL AGES coloring, with a forward by Simone Lasher from Black Mass Appeal. All works from BOTH VOLUMES will be available via QR code in the book to download and print in any size and paper type so you can customize your coloring experience while keeping your book in mint condition.”
- Upcoming: “Mimics, An Unnecessary Work, for Use With Fantasy RPGs. This is completely worthless and should be avoided. You do not need a haphazard and random selection of mimic ideas, right?”
- Launched, with 20 days to go: “Our Haunt by Jamila R. Nedjadi. A creepy-cozy TTRPG about a found family of ghosts and their haunted home.”—”Our Haunt is a tabletop RPG about a family of ghosts built on the Belonging Outside Belonging system, inspired by games like Dream Askew/Dream Apart, Wanderhome, and Balikbayan: Returning Home. It’s a rules-light engine with no dice and no masters, focused around tokens and community play.”
- 37 days to go: “Fool’s Gold: Into the Bellowing Wilds. A 5th edition campaign setting based on the hit Youtube series by Dingo Doodles and Felix Irnich.”—”Fools Gold: Into the Bellowing Wilds is an exciting new 5e adventure that takes place in the world’s deadliest jungle where everything wants to kill you! Fun! Enhance your games with this jungle campaign setting, including a buttload of new content. We’ve also got brand new wilder magic & curse charts that will definitely excite GMs while the players pray to the dice gods. Delve into the Bellowing Wilds, discover the rich lore of the world, and find out what happened to the ancient Foreclaimers who disappeared thousands of years ago, leaving ruins, mysteries, MECHANICAL DRAGONS AND DINOSAURS, and awesome treasures behind…”
- 26 days to go: “War Within RPG – Set in a Tense Cold War Arena. A New RPG based in an alternative 1980s Cold War Arena where the players take control of a country and try to survive the coming storm.”—”We have positioned War Within RPG in what we consider to be a new wave of roleplaying. Arguably it began with Dungeon and Dragons 5e and their slimmed down rules set from 4e and now we have games such as Mork Borg that promote themselves as rules-lite. The emphasis today is on a stripped back rules systems nestled in a vibrant world setting that encourages roleplaying. This is a move away from the complex character creation and an emphasis on combat and a swing towards narrative and easy access. Not know the rules is not such a problem for players as the GM is encouraged to give the players an experience they enjoy rather than break it up with rulebook checking. We have tried to place War Within RPG in this environment….”
- Upcoming: “The Worst Generation: A Masks: A New Generation Supplement. A third party supplement for Masks: A New Generation bringing a new city setting, rules for manga inspired drama and more.”
- Upcoming: “Planebreaker—Explore the Planes for 5e. Explore exotic alternate planes with this 5e tome from legendary RPG designers Bruce Cordell, Sean Reynolds, and Monte Cook.”
- Upcoming: “Questlandia RPG – Updated and expanded. A worldbuilding roleplaying game about troubled kingdoms and the people who live there, now with new art and expanded rules.”
- 7 days to go: “Simple and fast tabletop Mythos roleplaying based on THE BLACK HACK. THE CTHULHU HACK. The standalone corebook, investigations, sourcebooks, and more — all as .PDF ebooks.” I almost missed that the bonus collection includes the core book for The Dee Sanction—”The Dee Sanction is a standalone roleplaying game about serving Queen and country in the late Tudor period. You are an Agent of Dee — not by choice, but for self-preservation. Somewhere between conscription and penance, you work with a faint hope you can earn pardon and absolution — if only you can outrun the shadows of your past and the horrors of the present.”
- 24 days to go: “Telepatio: A Game For Believers & Skeptics Alike. Is telepathy real? Can you read minds? OR, is it all just a hoax? Telepatio will find out!”—”Since the early days of human civilization there’s always been one matter we can all agree upon; we are never all going to agree about one opinion or belief. Telepathy is one such topic where opinions tend to differ. Now you and up to five friends get to disagree in our fast-paced and engaging board game – Telepatio!” “In Telepatio, you use the Zener cards in a social and fun interpretation of the original 1930s experiment. By scoring or losing ESP points picking the right or wrong cards you will determine who has the greatest telepathic aptitude; or does it simply come down to luck?” “Every round a player assumes the role of a ‘Sender’. The Sender rolls the Zener dice with the dice cup and views the result in secrecy. The Sender then flips over the hourglass, and must try to telepathically communicate the right Zener symbol to the other players. No words or visual cues of any kind are allowed, you must rely on the power of your mind.”
- 28 days to go: “Pinsta Instant Camera – Micro Darkroom and Negative Enlarger. Analogue Photography for Everyone! Shoot, Develop, Enlarge and Customise Your Own Prints without a Darkroom.”—”Pinsta is a camera which can shoot directly onto positive 4×5 inch photographic paper. It develops internally, and can be used on the go, wherever you are and whenever you like for creating and sharing real analogue prints!” “Pinsta is also a mini-enlarger! For those already shooting film and wanting to get into analogue printing without the expense or need for a darkroom, Pinsta is here to help! Simply load your negatives into the internal enlargement slide and you can enlarge them onto 4×5 inch paper. You can even create prints with fun and creative frames and overlays using Pinsta’s ingenious internal slide system. Anyone can use Pinsta to produce photographic prints of their own, at home or out and about and without any further investment in darkroom equipment besides a dark bag for loading your next shot. Nothing beats the feeling of mounting your very own real photographic prints around your home.”
Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns, bundles, &c., that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching for September, 2021.
- 24 hours to go: “Verdant Isles: Teatime Adventures RPG. A heartwarming new tabletop roleplaying game – where every adventure comes with a tea pairing!”—”Put the kettle on! A world of joyous mystery and thriving culture awaits you here. It’s time to settle in with some good friends, a hot pot of tea, and something scrumptious from the oven as you enter the world of the Verdant Isles in Teatime Adventures. Explore the town of Oakenbend and help the townsfolk solve a series of pot-stirring mysteries. Over 200 pages of heartwarming adventures, with beautiful illustrations, vibrant colors, characters, and flavors throughout. New heartwarming Ancestries, Occupations, Skills, and Magic Systems set in the Verdant Isles. Compatible with Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition rules.”
- 1 day to go: “Mutant Chronicles with 3D Miniatures“—”Drive Back the Dark Legion In Mutant Chronicles, Modiphius’ Tabletop RPG! Ready to pick a tabletop fight with the Dark Legion? Want to know what lies beyond the edge of our solar system? What does our world look like millennia into the future? Check out our new bundle, packed with Modiphius’ Mutant Chronicles ebooks and 3D print files like Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition Core Book Savage Worlds Edition, Mutant Chronicles 3D Printed Heroes Collection, and Mutant Chronicles Dark Legion Campaign. Plus, your purchase helps support the NAACP Legal Defense Fund!”
- 34 hours to go: “Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game. An officially licensed tabletop roleplaying game set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.” They’ve raised 8½ million USD already, and the $75 “Otter-Penguin” pledge includes a truly bonkers, almost too good to be true (making me a bit nervous, tbh), pile of stuff. They’re going to build their own VTT. If only it had built-in solo (O woe)! “Magpie Games is excited to bring you Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game, the officially licensed tabletop roleplaying game set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra! With over a decade of roleplaying design and publishing expertise, Magpie Games has created an innovative system that brings the world of the Four Nations to life in a tabletop roleplaying game that captures the heart of the Avatar franchise: balance, heroism, and the power of friendship. Avatar Legends: The RPG includes setting information seeded with plot hooks for your game, numerous playbooks representing the archetypes of heroes fans love from the television shows, a full set of custom mechanics for adventuring across the Four Nations, an adventure to get you started on your journey, and much more. Delve into the Four Nations like never before in an immersive role play experience that challenges you to find balance in a world in desperate need of heroes. Yip yip!”
- 5 days to go: “The GOODMAN GAMES tabletop science-fiction roleplaying game by James M. Ward. METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA 1E. EVERYTHING YOU NEED for a complete campaign on a lost generation starship.”
- 8 days to go: “KINLESS – A Mörk Borg Solo Viking Adventure. You are an outcast… sent away to die alone in the cold night. Will you survive long enough to return and get your revenge?”
- 9 days to go: “Strange Hills. A tabletop rpg about loss and redemption, based on the No Dice, No Masters system.”—”What is Strange Hills? It’s a No Dice, No Masters game about bad people who’ve done bad things. People who were part of the ruling class in a tyrannical dictatorship. All that’s over now, the entire world is dying, and they have to decide: will I be better now that it’s all over? It’s inspired by things like the Dark Sun campaign setting, the film Mad Max: Fury Road, and a lot of dark fantasy novels. It’s a game about losing everything you have, and trying to redeem the one thing remaining, yourself.”
- 10 days to go: “Demon-Bone Sarcophagus. An adventure for Old-School Dungeons and Dragons. Hopefully the first of three.”—”an adventure for Dungeons and Dragons. If you know about our previous adventure ‘Deep-Carbon Observatory Remastered’ then you have a rough idea of the nature and aesthetic of the thing. If you *don’t* know about that, or about us then think of Scrap and I’s efforts as; ‘Slightly edgy, somewhat pretentious, but competently (though not exceptionally), engineered Dungeons and Dragons adventures with some pretty wild expressionist art that some people really hate.’ If you want to know more then googling any combination of ‘Patrick Stuart’ Scrap Princess’, ‘False Machine’, ‘Veins of the Earth’ and/or ‘Fire on the Velvet Horizon’ should provide some spicy hits.”
- 11 days to go: “From June 2018, Cthulhoid horror-espionage tabletop roleplaying ebooks. DELTA GREEN RPG. Covert agents face Mythos terror in ARC DREAM’s standalone RPG.” And: “From October 2019, more tabletop roleplaying ebooks for DELTA GREEN. DELTA GREEN OPERATIONS. CONTROL GROUP, THE COMPLEX, and more DELTA GREEN RPG scenarios.”
- 11 days to go: “Epic Legacy Hero’s Handbook. Remaster and expansion of the Epic Legacy system – bringing the Core Rulebook to its zenith.”—”The Epic Legacy Hero’s Handbook is a 5th Edition supplement that takes your gaming experience to a whole new tier of play. Within these pages is everything you need to advance character progression to level 30 and create Epic adventures to challenge such mighty champions. This book is a completely remastered version of the critically acclaimed Epic Legacy Core Rulebook published in 2018. Backers familiar with the previous book can expect major errata revisions, new mythic monsters, beautiful interior upgrades, more art, and support for all recently published 5th Edition character class options.”
- 12 days to go: “Sixth World tabletop roleplaying game ebooks and fiction from CATALYST. SHADOWRUN 6E STORIES. The SR SIXTH WORLD rules, BEGINNER BOX, and dozens of stories and novels.” Buyer beware! I’ve heard 6e is unplayable. But, maybe you could convert this on the fly, or something, to another system, maybe even a minimal one.
- 12 days to go: “Sölitary Defilement: Solo resources for MÖRK BORG. The popular engine of lonesome death, now in print and expanded!”—”SÖLITARY DEFILEMENT is a popular set of solo rules and oracles for the dark, dismal, and thoroughly engrossing role playing game MÖRK BORG … The core rules for SÖLITARY DEFILEMENT, along with its printable worksheets for travel, dungeon crawling, and world mapping have been downloaded almost 5,000 times from Itch.io. You can check it out for free and get hooked!” “This Kickstarter intends to produce a physical edition of the SÖLITARY DEFILEMENT rulebook, along with exclusive content in the form of an Adventure Pack, and City Crawl supplement.” It doesn’t seem to talk a lot about this, but this is Ironsworn-meets-Mörk Borg. So at the base, it does a kind of PbtA conversion, but there’s a lot more to it as well! Just be aware that it’s got a mechanics change. Then again, maybe Ironsworn-meets-Mörk Borg does it for you?!
- 13 days to go: “The Dee Sanction: Adventures — Print Edition. A softcover print collection of five adventures for The Dee Sanction RPG, the award-winning tabletop RPG of Elizabethan investigation.”—”The Dee Sanction: Adventures is a collection of varied investigations into the weird, deadly and supernatural. In service to Queen Elizabeth, the five adventures pit wary Agents against book thieves, traitors, elder magic, assassins and forces not of this earth.”
- 18 days to go: “The Exquisite Corpse in Maggots’ Keep. An Interactive Adventure gamebook where each choice is written by a different author!”—”THE EXQUISITE CORPSE IN MAGGOTS’ KEEP is a full-length, illustrated gamebook in which you play a beautiful skeleton festooned in jewelry who wakes up inside their coffin in a deep, mysterious cavern. Who were you in life? What preternatural magics animated you? What strange creatures and situations will you encounter in this, the Maggots’ Keep? We don’t know! … Yet! Unlike other gamebooks, this one is being created by a team of eleven writers in collaboration. When you make a choice and turn the page, that choice guides you to a different writer!”
- 19 days to go: “Comic-book film-noir tabletop roleplaying ebooks from SON OF OAK. CITY OF MIST. EVERYTHING YOU NEED for hardboiled investigations of cinematic modern myth.”
- 21 days to go: “Crapland 2 : A Surrealist Suburban Troika RPG Book. Surrealism and Suburban Absurdism channeled through an RPG for Troika! New Backgrounds, New Spells, New Bestiary Entries!”
- 22 days to go: “Super Powers Companion for SWADE“—”Few mediums inspire today’s gamers like comic books, graphic novels, and the movies and television shows based on them. The Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion lets you recreate everything from classic Marvel® and DC® tales to modern takes like The Boys®, Kick-Ass®, or Invincible®… all in the award-winning Savage Worlds rules system! This book updates the original Super Powers Companion to be completely compatible with Savage Worlds Adventure Edition.”
- 23 days to go: Herbalist’s Primer. An illustrated guide to real-world magical plants for magicians, worldbuilders, alchemists, and game masters.”—”Herbalist’s Primer is a system-agnostic illustrated guide to real-world magical plants. Inspired by the 19th-century herbalists and the millennia of folklore, myths, and legends, it brings a wealth of easily-accessible, organized information straight to your gaming table.”
- 27 days to go: “ASCET. An exquisite card game about monks searching for enlightenment with minimal aesthetics and roleplaying overtones.”—”ASCET is a minimalist playing card game with roleplaying overtones that encourages diplomatic, mnemonic and maths skills with the use of simple mechanics that use cards, a d8 and a d10 dice (included in the deck as a card to cut, fold & paste). Each player will have 4 virtues: Compassion, Humility, Faith and Temperance. Inspired in the popular medieval theme of the ascetic monk that withdrew from society in search for enlightenment which has caught the imagination of master painters like Hieronymus Bosch, Salvador Dali, Albrecht Dürer, Max Ernst and Cezanne to name a few. ”
- 29 days to go: “Valda’s Spire of Secrets: A Colossal Expansion for DnD 5E. Unleash 5e with this compendium of groundbreaking classes, spells, feats, and more!”
- 29 days to go: “Tales From When I Had A Face. A modern fairy-tale about death, loss, and finding redemption in the strangest places.”—”A haunting, color-illustrated novel over seven years in the making, Tales From When I Had A Face takes visual inspiration from the collections of fairy tales familiar to many readers: full page images juxtapose the text, complemented by smaller inline art. Brief sequential passages reminiscent of a graphic novel add impact and immersion. In total it contains over 100 illustrations.”
- Upcoming: “Relics of Rajavihara and Montalo’s Revenge Expansion. A puzzly solo adventure game: The original game, plus 30 all-new levels with brand new challenges.”
- Upcoming: “Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG 1st Edition Boxed Set. Everything you need to play Mothership® in one incredible box.”
- 16 days to go: “The SPILL. Manage an oil spill and rescue sea life in this suspenseful cooperative game for 1-4 players.”
- 19 days to go: “A NEW offer of the 2018 science-fantasy tabletop roleplaying game by MONTE COOK. NUMENERA DISCOVERY. DISCOVERY, DESTINY, BUILDING TOMORROW, three BESTIARIES, and tons more.”
- 22 days to go: “Stars Without Number RPG: Offset Print Edition. An offset print run of Stars Without Number, the hit sci-fi tabletop RPG.”
- 22 days to go: “Gravemire. A Gilded Age tabletop horror game about mortality, growth, and the Louisiana bayou.”
- 23 days to go: “RANE IN BLOOD: Mothership Adventure & Antagonist Sourcebook. ☠️ SPACE PIRATES | CULTS | ORGAN THIEVES | FAILED CLONES | GENETIC VAMPIRES & MUCH MORE! For use with the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.”
- Upcoming: “Argon EON: 4-Bay Network Storage powered by Raspberry Pi 4. A Network Attached Storage (NAS) for people who love to tinker around with cool stuff and the makers at heart.”
- 32 days to go: “Alien Armory. A collection of bio-punk weapons, armors and equipment compatible with the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.”
- Upcoming: “MÖRK BORG Core Item Reference Cards. MÖRK BORG compatible core items reference cards. A set of up to 148 tarot sized cards for use when playing TTRPGS.”
- Upcoming: “Bernpyle: YEAR ONE. An unofficial Mausritter supplement, an anthology of the first year of the Bernpyle zine.”
- 12 days to go: “Stingers & Spores. A tabletop RPG of high fantasy and insects using the Savage Worlds rule system.”
- 28 days to go: “Anne of Green Gables: Vampire Hunter. A limited edition case laminate hardcover of “Anne of Green Gables: Vampire Hunter” for readers 9-12″—”A limited edition case laminate hardcover of an original Anne Shirley gothic adventure. An ominous fog rolls onto the shores of Avonlea. Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Anne of Green Gables were published a mere eleven years apart. Coincidence? Yes! But that won’t stop us from enjoying some CanLit Children’s Classic shenanigans.”
- Upcoming: “Blackbirds RPG. A horrific dark fantasy world Powered by Zweihander RPG from creator Ryan Verniere.”
- 4 days to go: “A Humble Exclusive: RED SCREEN by Stephen King“—”RED hot off the press, a Stephen King exclusive short story: Red Screen. We’ve teamed up with legendary author Stephen King for a once in a lifetime opportunity. Presenting, Red Screen, a never before published work, exclusively available through Humble Bundle. In this unsettling short story, a cop interrogates a deranged plumber who just murdered his wife, only to discover something far more insidious. Pay what you want, and support the ACLU.”
- 19 days to go: “Humble Comic Bundle: TV & Movies by Titan Comics“—It’s a grab bag, but of possible interest include series like Sherlock, Penny Dreadful, Blade Runner, and also Berlin Babylon, set in 1929 Weimar Berlin, one issue inspired by Hammer Horror’s mummy films, and The Prisoner.
- 27 days to go: “Andromeda: Module for Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG. A Mothership Sci-Fi horror RPG compatible module presented in a fluorescent fold out zine format set on the Andromeda Hub Station.”—”Using an innovative folded zine layout; Andromeda is an 8 page booklet containing all the information required by the Warden to run the game. This booklet then folds out to a detailed A3 map of the hub station as well as a set of illustrated and detailed NPC’s, and a copy of the final transmission from the Andromeda. All of this information is intended to be presented to the players as a combined mission briefing and centrepiece of play. Risograph printed on 175gsm embossed paper it is also printed with fluorescent green ink. This means the module glows in the dark if exposed to UV light. If you back the project at the ‘Hardcase’ level we’ll ship you a custom logo UV flashlight as well so you can play in the dark for the full Andromeda experience.”
- 51 hours to go: “Siege Command. Strategize and adapt to maintain control of the battlefield in a lane-based tower-offense game for two players.”
- 60 hours to go: “The Hexagonal Gaming System by Wyrmwood. A modular, magnetic solution to elevate your board game or RPG night. Dice trays, dice and mini storage, component organizers and more!”
- 6 days to go: “Humans. A PDF only role-playing party game about non-humans trying to be humans at a party.”—”a 3-8 player roleplaying party game about non-humans dressed up as humans trying to engage in small talk and get away with it while at a human party.”
- 21 days to go: “The Moon’s Daughter. A children’s book about love, compassion, and friendship. By Liam and Seb Mckinnon.”—”She had many names. Some were ancient, as old as the trees and the sleeping stones. To all those who knew her, she was the Moon’s Daughter… This story takes place in a faraway world of endless ice and snow. Here resides the Moon’s Daughter and her loyal companion, the Fox. Earthbound, she must take care of the northern lands and her animal friends, though she longs to see Father Moon again. A tale of love, compassion and friendship told in 5 chapters, for children and adults alike!”
- 26 days to go: “ELEGOO Jupiter: 12.8″ 6K Mono MSLA 3D Printer. The ELEGOO Jupiter lets printing large scale, high accuracy, and intricate parts really simple.”
- 28 days to go: “QUEERZ! RPG. The super sentai LGBTQ-themed tabletop RPG where you fight intolerance with empathy! Based on the “QUEERZ!” manga and City of Mist RPG.”
- 43 days to go: “Verdant. A puzzly spatial board game of houseplant collection and care with gorgeous artwork by Beth Sobel!”—”Verdant is a beautiful strategy board game for 1-5 players that plays in 30-45 minutes. In Verdant, you take on the role of a houseplant enthusiast trying to create the coziest space by collecting and arranging houseplants and other objects within your home. In this multi-layered spatial puzzle, you must position your plants so that they receive the most suitable light conditions and take care of them using various nurture actions to create the most verdant collection!”
- 7 days to go: “Unsurmountable. Puzzle your way to the top of the mountain in a solo game from Scott Almes and Button Shy. Only $10!”—”In Unsurmountable, players will be tackling the rocky slopes of an ever-changing mountain. As the game unfolds, they must place the next piece of the path carefully in order to complete a route to the top while simultaneously meeting any additional goals for the round. It may sound like a walk in the park, but this puzzle has plenty of pitfalls to keep players on their toes.” “Unsurmountable is the next title in our Simply Solo line, following Food Chain Island and Ugly Gryphon Inn. These titles were designed by Scott Almes for single-player only, focusing on elegant rules that create complex situations. Like the previous two games, Unsurmountable delivers a fun puzzle that’s sure to hit the table again and again.”
- 27 days to go: “Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse: Beyond Thunder City. New worlds for mice and their motorcycle clubs from the award winning tabletop RPG.”—”Beyond Thunder City is an anthology of settings for Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse, the award-winning RPG of mice and their motorcycle clubs! It is a 6×9 book, to be released digitally and in paperback, of five worlds for use with the core H.M.T.M. game (available at a discount through this very campaign!), written by some of the most imaginative designers in the industry today and illustrated by our friend Jacob Hunt.” Powered by Fate.
- 12 days to go: Briar & Bramble. Full art and printed copies of Briar & Bramble.”—”This Kickstarter is to fund the creation of a full art and physical version of Briar & Bramble which is available for FREE at https://drunkwizard.itch.io/briar Play as a community of wayward animals in search of a new home in Briar & Bramble, a community focused roleplaying game crafted in the heart of the English woodlands.”
- 18 days to go: “Solar Sphere: Harness the Power of the Stars! Hire your crew, fight off the Resistance, and build the Solar Sphere – A highly thematic dice placement game.”
- 24 days to go: “ZipWarz: Core Rules“—”A rules-lite war game for $5—”Welcome to ZipWarz, a new tabletop war game system that is rules-lite, customizable, and plays faster than most other war games you currently enjoy. In ZipWarz, each player brings customized armies to the battlefield in an attempt to vie for victory using tactical movements, devastating attacks, and special abilities. The player who gains the most Victory Points by the end of round 4 wins the game. ”
- Upcoming: “The Call of Cthulhu Chocolate Bar. H. P. Lovecraft-inspired chocolate bar. Nori seaweed, ginger spice, & candied ginger in dark chocolate. Handmade & bean-to-bar.” Tweet thread—”OPEN BOOK CHOCOLATES presents THE CALL OF CTHULHU CHOCOLATE BAR. NORI SEAWEED, GINGER SPICE, & CANDIED GINGER IN DARK CHOCOLATE. Launching on KICKSTARTER MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH.” “You can order all 12 of our flavors via Kickstarter! Alice in Wonderland. Sherlock Holmes. Jane Eyre. Pride & Prejudice. Les Miserables. Treasure Island. The Raven. The Tale of Genji. A Little Princess. The Great Gatsby. A Christmas Carol. The Call of Cthulhu.”
- Upcoming: “The Satanic Coloring Book – Volumes 1 & 2. Explore the world of Satanism in this two volume set of coloring books featuring the NSFW ‘Rituals’ and all ages ‘Animals.'”
- 19 days to go: “Technomagical post-apocalyptic tabletop roleplaying ebooks from GOODMAN GAMES. MUTANT CRAWL CLASSICS. The MCC rulebook (based on DUNGEON CRAWL CLASSICS) and many .PDF modules.”
- 28 days to go: “Into the Odd Remastered. A rules-light, flavour-heavy roleplaying game of industrial horror and cosmic strangeness.”
- 29 days to go: “Blighter: Tracker of the Realm. A bad role model with the stripes to prove it! A Monstrous Adventure by Jeff Parker & Drew Moss.”—”Blighter is an original graphic novel by writer Jeff Parker (X-Men First Class, Flash Gordon, Batman ’66 and Future Quest) and artist Drew Moss (Vampirella/Red Sonja, Star Wars, The Crow, Army Of The Dead, M.A.S.K. and Heavy Metal). Available in both paperback and digital download editions, Blighter is a dimension-spanning, action-packed suspense ride, chock-full of monsters, and a swaggeringly brutal Tiger-man who fancies himself a living legend.”
- 29 days to go: “Skinny Minis 2: An Easier Way to Mini. Durable, beautiful, affordable minis. New art and tons of new freebies!”
- Upcoming: “Follow Me Down. A GMless, two-player tabletop roleplaying game inspired by the myth of Orpheus & Eurydice, Powered by the Apocalypse.” “1–4 players”
- 74% remaining to goal: “Starlight Riders is a fast-paced, card-driven space western RPG about heists through the galaxy. You play as a bunch of outlaws, fighting against an oppressive system that took all you had. It’s your role to tip the scales back in favor of the forgotten. The game was designed to be played as a single session (one-shot), but there’s also a campaign mode for longer adventures. With a custom deck of cards and some dice, you sit down alone or with your friends, come up with a job, a team and run the heist! No prep, no GM, no paperwork. Gameplay alternates roleplaying, card play and dice rolls to tell the story of extremely competent individuals striving to do what’s right — even if it’s not what’s legal. You work together to overcome the obstacles between your team and the MacGuffin, while uncovering secret motivations and connections of each character.”
Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns and bundles that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching for August, 2021. There’s a lot less this month, because I’m not paying as much attention to crowdfunding efforts, tbh, atm, in case you were wondering why the difference. But, I did notice these, fwiw. And, two bundles of note.
- 3 days to go: “The Drowned War. A pen & Paper Table Top Role-playing game for Savage Worlds set in a flooded world.”—”The Drowned War uses the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition Roleplaying System (SWADE). This setting adds additional rules, Edges, Hindrances, and new options for science fiction and horror.”
- 8 days to go: “A COLOSSAL offer of the FATE tabletop roleplaying game system. FATE WORLDS AND TOOLKITS. FATE OF CTHULHU, FORTY-FIVE Worlds of Adventure, five TOOLKITS, and LOTS more.”
- 10 days to go: “KENNELS OF KARNAGE, a Third-Party Mörk Borg Adventure. A short adventure about saving lost dogs.”—”Kennels of Karnage will send the PCs to a dungeon in an abandoned Outpost Castle from a long lost war, to rescue the grand duke Death of Galgenbeck’s dog, called Murder. The reward is high and the risk is even greater.”
- 10 days to go: “Adventure Post: Train of Terror. A 12-week long horror-themed, solo adventure delivered to your door via postcard, including an interactive PDF and free Teaser!”—”Adventure Post is a series of mini-adventures played over the course of 12 weeks. Each game so far has been wildly different. This one, written by Nicholas John-Charles, is a horror-themed, abstract train ride that ends on the week of Halloween, 2021!”
- 10 days to go: “Spire’s End: Hildegard. Solo & Cooperative Card Game Adventure.”—”Hildegard is a solo and cooperative card game adventure set in the world of Spire’s End. After the dark and foreboding descent into the Spire, I decided to spin in a different direction. I’ve left behind the cold and the darkness for vibrance and warmth. I’m calling it ‘card game comfort food.’ It’s a different take, but it still fits snuggly into the Spire’s End world. This is a stand-alone adventure that can be played with or without any knowledge of the previous game. It’s split into 4 chapters, 400 cards total. There’s very little set-up and minimal components. No DM, or character sheets, or major bookkeeping. What you will have is a healthy stack of 400 glorious story cards with over 25 illustrations per chapter, 12 lovely custom etched dice, some cube markers and a rulebook, all in one tight little package.”
- 12 days to go: “The Devil Made Us Do It. Save existence as we know it by bending reality to carry out the perfect heist in this unique zero-prep RPG.”—”Stealing Stories for the Devil is a fast-paced tabletop roleplaying game by legendary designer Monte Cook, in which you save existence as we know it by bending reality to carry out the perfect heist. When you play Stealing Stories, you pull off the perfect heist. Unique mechanics and structure ensure players and PCs are competent and cool at every stage of the adventure, and always have a trick up their sleeves. A collaborative scenario-building process means zero GM prep as the group formulates its elaborate plan while creating the adventure scenario at the same time. Unique mechanical elements such as Mission Cards hand the initiative to the players, turning crisis into opportunity just when it looks like there’s no hope of success. And, as reality-shaping liars, PCs can reshape their situation in literally any way they can conceive of. And lies always succeed. (While success is not the question, the price may be steep.) Throughout gameplay, unprecedented player agency ensures the PCs create and pull off amazing feats, completing their heists against incredible odds and looking great while they do it.”
- 14 days to go: “Humble Comics Bundle: Judge Dredd – Perps, Punks & Partners by 2000 AD“—”Judge Dredd: The only law that matters in Mega-City One. The law is here, courtesy of 2000 AD in our newest bundle. Absolutely packed with everything Judge Dredd and related stories and settings, enjoy diving into comics like Zenith Book 1-4, Judge Death: My Name is Death, Dredd: Final Judgement, and Young Death. Plus, your purchase helps support Cancer Research UK and Save the Children UK!”
- 15 days to go: “The spirit of early British tabletop roleplaying, conjured by FIRE RUBY DESIGNS. WARLOCK!. EVERYTHING YOU NEED for grim-and-perilous adventures of dark wonder.”
- 16 days to go: “In the footsteps of the Mad Wizard:Forbidden Psalm Expansion. In the footsteps of the Mad Wizard. Forbidden Psalm: Miniature gaming Inspired by Mörk Borg.”—”Forbidden Psalm is a tabletop miniatures game, inspired by and fully compatible with MÖRK BORG TTRPG. Forbidden Psalm is a 28mm miniatures agnostic game. You can use suitable miniatures you already own or build custom minis for this game. Solo Play and Coop rules included. All content is compatible with MÖRK BORG ttrpg. In the Footsteps of the Mad Wizard. A campaign setting for Forbidden Psalm picking up the narrative where the core book leaves off. In this campaign expansion your warband of 5 greedy souls will face new trials, find new treasures, recruit pets and die in horrible ways.”
- 17 days to go: “Humble 13th Age Bundle: Treasures! Maps! Adventures!“—”Experience the 13th Age tabletop RPG as it was meant to be played! Tabletop RPGs are more popular than ever. It’s time to start your own adventure! Enjoy exploring the 13th Age, an epic tabletop RPG straight from two of the minds responsible for recent editions of Dungeons and Dragons! Combining streamlined combat with excellent indie story game design, and packed with a collection of beautifully-crafted books, music, digital maps, and more such as 13th Age, 13 True Ways, and the 13th Age Bestiary, take your character from a plucky adventurer all the way to become an epic hero! Plus, your purchase will support Oceana (supporting the reduction of plastic pollution)!”
- 17 days to go: “Humble RPG Book Bundle: Starfinder by Paizo“—”Explore the stars, one tabletop grid at a time! Looking for your next tabletop adventure? Look up, and turn to the stars. Paizo’s Starfinder is the perfect place to lose yourself in excitement, mixing fantasy with sci-fi, resulting in epic adventures through the galaxy and battles both on-foot and ship-to-ship! Buy this bundle, and enjoy everything you need to enjoy tabletop in this sci-fi world, with items like the Starfinder Beginner Box, Starfinder Pact Worlds, Starfinder Adventure: Skitter Home, and Starfinder Pact Worlds Hardcover. Plus, your purchase helps support Comic Books for Kids!”
- 19 days to go: GÜRLZ – An artbook by Serge Birault. The new collection of Serge’s warrior ladies, all in one big minimalistic book, up to 240 pages! Half of the stretch goals unlocked!”—”For the past years, Serge has been producing numerous drawings in his very popular cartoony style. They are showing us strong warrior-ladies with a twist, sometimes from a fantasy setting and sometimes in a pretty casual but yet ax-swinging fashion and then sometimes they are just the funniest and most amazing hipsters that ever killed their boss for misbehavior. For the first time, these ladies have been put together in an artbook, and you have the chance to get your hands on it, by backing this campaign!”
- 25 days to go: “Looking For Buildings: Wendi Dunlap’s debut album. An album of hooky, original, and personal songs, produced by Ken Stringfellow (The Posies, Big Star).”
- Upcoming: “Forbidden Lands RPG – Book of Beasts and The Bloodmarch. A double feature for the award-winning Forbidden Lands RPG – fight murderous monsters and explore the demon-infested lands of the west.”
- Upcoming: “Traveler’s Ironsworn: Mobile and Deluxe Editions. An invaluable part of your Ironsworn play kit… now in super-durable synthetic paper and running on your favorite mobile device.”
- Upcoming: “KINLESS – A Mörk Borg Solo Viking Adventure. You are an outcast… sent away to die alone in the cold night. Will you survive long enough to return and get your revenge?”
- 48 hours to go: “Vast Grimm. Vast Grimm is a rules-light Infectious Sci-Fi Horror RPG packed with everything you need to immerse yourself into a universe on the brink of collapse. Vast Grimm features 3 new Elder Dice sets with amazing holographic grimoires!” “Vast Grimm is a stand alone, art-filled, punk-fueled OSR role-playing game about the few humans remaining in a universe being consumed by growing parasitic würms.” “Compatible with Mörk Borg, this book was inspired by the incredible game created by Pelle Nilsson and Johan Nohr. Vast Grimm does not require you to have their book to play, but what lies before you would not exist without it.”
- 27 days to go: “Ex Libris. A digital platform for cataloguing & showcasing RPG content.”—”Ex Libris is a bibliographic tool for cataloguing RPG content. The system is designed based on my firsthand experience curating Ex Libris Mörk Borg (ELMB) and feedback provided by its users. The platform is already open to the public. This campaign will raise funds for the maintenance and development of Ex Libris and its flagship content, the ELMB directory.”
- Launched with 23 days to go: “Forbidden Lands RPG – Book of Beasts and The Bloodmarch. A double feature for the award-winning Forbidden Lands RPG – fight murderous monsters and explore the demon-infested lands of the west.”—”Forbidden Lands is growing bigger – and more dangerous! This Kickstarter offers not just one but two major expansions for the multiple award-winning Forbidden Lands retro-fantasy survival RPG: The Book of Beasts, a bestiary you can play, beautifully illustrated and filled to the brim with murderous monsters and lethal encounters. The Bloodmarch, a campaign book expanding the game world and including a full campaign – Legacy of Horn. Come join us in making these books a reality and also to help us to fill them with Forbidden Lands goodness!”
- 35 days to go: “Demon-Bone Sarcophagus. An adventure for Old-School Dungeons and Dragons. Hopefully the first of three.” From Patrick Stuart, writer of Deep Carbon Observatory.
- 35 days to go: “Epic Legacy Hero’s Handbook. Remaster and expansion of the Epic Legacy system – bringing the Core Rulebook to its zenith.”—”The Epic Legacy Hero’s Handbook is a 5th Edition supplement that takes your gaming experience to a whole new tier of play. Within these pages is everything you need to advance character progression to level 30 and create Epic adventures to challenge such mighty champions.”
- Upcoming: “Sölitary Defilement: Solo resources for MÖRK BORG. The popular engine of lonesome death, now in print and expanded!”
- 11 days to go: “Real Fictional People. These are the chronicles of Seiko. A dystopian future brought briefly to life and captured for eternity in the kodaks.”—”During summer and autumn 2020 I was part of three coherent live action roleplaying events set in the world of Mutant: year zero. The island of Stora Höggarn, just outside Stockholm, full of rusty old oil cisterns and half-sunken ships, became The Zone where this fantasy of a post-apocalyptic Sweden came to life.”
- 18 days to go: “Broken Luck. A 28 page full-color zine supplement for the Space Fantasy tabletop RPG Troika!”—”BROKEN LUCK is a full-color 28 page zine supplement for the science-fantasy tabletop RPG TROIKA! Inside this zine you will find mythical backgrounds, magical tarot cards, spell tables, adventure sparks, NPCs, and everything you need to spice up your Troika! game with (un)godly adventures. Use it in combination with any preexisting sphere or as an independent setting.”
- 20 days to go: “Mausritter: Box Set & Adventure Collection. Sword-and-whiskers roleplaying, in a box set and brand new adventure collection.”—”This collaboration between Losing Games and Games Omnivorous will bring you the 2nd printing of the critically-acclaimed Mausritter RPG box set, as well as an entirely new Adventure Collection. You may choose to pledge for either or both.”
- 21 days to go: “Yasuke: The African Samurai. Brought to Japan as a slave he rose to be a samurai warrior.”—”Welcome to Yasuke: The African Samurai Kickstarter by writer Koji Steven Sakai, artist Jamie Noguchi, and published by Outland Entertainment! This campaign is to help fund the printing of the first issue in the series as well as the artwork for issue two! Issue one is fully complete! The series is planned to be three issues long with this first issue kicking the series off.”
- Extended with another 11 days to go: “EXTENDED! A COLOSSAL offer of the FATE tabletop roleplaying game system. FATE WORLDS AND TOOLKITS. FATE OF CTHULHU, FORTY-FIVE Worlds of Adventure, five TOOLKITS, and LOTS more.”
- 11 days to go: “DUNGEON DEGENERATES: HAND OF DOOM FOURTH PRINTING. The Dark Fantasy, Weirdo Art, RPG in a box board game from GOBLINKO.”
- 13 days to go: “Deep Space D-6: The Long Way Home RPG Gamebook 2nd Edition. A newly enhanced update to The Long Way Home solitaire gamebook. More planets, more missions, more story!”—”The Long Way Home RPG Book 2E can be played with the Deep Space D-6 board game or the Deep Space D-6 Print & Play* (Both are available in this Kickstarter) A 12-sided die, a pen or pencil, and your imagination is also required. The Endless Expansion may be used, but is not required.”
- 13 days to go: “From December 2018, tabletop roleplaying game ebooks that span all time and space. DOCTOR WHO RPG. EVERYTHING YOU NEED for timey-wimey adventure.”
- 13 days to go: “A dozen .PDF sourcebooks for the DOCTOR WHO tabletop roleplaying game. 12 DOCTORS. All twelve DOCTOR SOURCEBOOKS from CUBICLE 7 ENTERTAINMENT.”
- 20 days to go: “Humble RPG Bundle: Mutant Chronicles with 3D Miniatures. Drive Back the Dark Legion In Mutant Chronicles, Modiphius’ Tabletop RPG! Ready to pick a tabletop fight with the Dark Legion? Want to know what lies beyond the edge of our solar system? What does our world look like millennia into the future? Check out our new bundle, packed with Modiphius’ Mutant Chronicles ebooks and 3D print files like Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition Core Book Savage Worlds Edition, Mutant Chronicles 3D Printed Heroes Collection, and Mutant Chronicles Dark Legion Campaign. Plus, your purchase helps support the NAACP Legal Defense Fund!”
- 29 days to go: “Delta Green: The Conspiracy
A gorgeous, 25th-anniversary edition of the original DELTA GREEN, the classic RPG sourcebook of horror and conspiracy.” Shit ton of stuff unlocked for stretch goals already, including a “The King in Yellow Tarot” add-on.
- 31 days to go: “From June 2018, Cthulhoid horror-espionage tabletop roleplaying ebooks. DELTA GREEN RPG. Covert agents face Mythos terror in ARC DREAM’s standalone RPG”
- 31 days to go: “From October 2019, more tabletop roleplaying ebooks for DELTA GREEN. DELTA GREEN OPERATIONS. CONTROL GROUP, THE COMPLEX, and more DELTA GREEN RPG scenarios”
Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching for July, 2021. There’s a lot less this month, because I’m not paying as much attention to crowdfunding efforts, tbh, atm, in case you were wondering why the difference. But, I did notice these, fwiw. And, two bundles of note.
- 52 hours to go: “Veritas Magia Tarot Deck. A full scale, black and silver inlaid tarot deck.”
- 3 days to go: “A NEW offer of adventures for the venerable tabletop fantasy roleplaying game. TUNNELS & TROLLS 2. EIGHTEEN solo modules, five GM adventures, and the new MONSTERS! 2E.”
- 5 days to go: Tabletops and Tentacles Magazine #3: The Cryptid Issue 🎲🐙 Games, art, fiction, comics, RPGs, sasquatch!”
- 10 days to go: “The GUMSHOE tabletop roleplaying game from PELGRANE PRESS plus more Carcosan horror. THE YELLOW KING. THE YELLOW KING RPG, ANNOTATED KING IN YELLOW, fiction, and music.”
- 12 days to go: “DCC Dying Earth. A DCC RPG boxed set, officially licensed by the estate of Jack Vance. Adventure with IOUN Stones and The Excellent Prismatic Spray!”
- Upcoming: “KINLESS – A Mörk Borg Solo Viking Adventure. You are an outcast… sent away to die alone in the cold night. Will you survive long enough to return and get your revenge?”
- Upcoming: “KENNELS OF KARNAGE, a Third-Party Mörk Borg Adventure. A short adventure about saving lost dogs.”
- Upcoming: “Spire’s End: Hildegard. Solo & Cooperative Card Game Adventure”
- 13 days to go: “Potato Pirates 3: Battlechips. A Spud-Tech-Ular Coding Card Game.”—”Potato Pirates 3: Battlechips is a strategic card game with an exciting gameplay experience where you zap potatoes for energy, dig for sunken cards, and fortify yourself with powers and abilities to defeat enemy factions across the Carbobbean Seas.” Tucked away down the page, there’s a solo mode planned: “Committed to our mission to make computer science fun and accessible for all, we present to you our solo campaign mode – The Carbobbean Sea (CS) Chronicles. Did you see what we did there with the CS abbreviation? You know, CS – Computer Science. A fun yet educational guide with a compelling storyline featuring memorable characters all focused on teaching fundamental computer science concepts. By interfacing with the Battlechips game components, we are truly bringing computer science offline to a whole new level! The CS Chronicles will be available as a digital download and takes you through many challenging situations which will put your coding skills to the test, yes, even you programming gurus won’t be spared!”
- 20 days to go: “Vast Grimm by Infinite Black Infinite Black. Vast Grimm is a rules-light Infectious Sci-Fi Horror RPG packed with everything you need to immerse yourself into a universe on the brink of collapse. Vast Grimm features 3 new Elder Dice sets with amazing holographic grimoires!”—”Vast Grimm is a stand alone, art-filled, punk-fueled OSR role-playing game about the few humans remaining in a universe being consumed by growing parasitic würms. … Compatible with Mörk Borg”
- 29 days to go: “Adventure Post: Train of Terror. A 12-week long horror-themed, solo adventure delivered to your door via postcard, including an interactive PDF and free Teaser!” With maps by Toby Lancaster (Dark Realm Maps, &c.). Last chapter scheduled for Halloween 2021.
Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching as of June 1, 2021.
- 70 hours to go: “this world is not yours: an RPG zine. A 1-2 player RPG zine about generations, change, and what you leave behind.” By Travis D Hill
- 4 days to go: “Galgenbeck After Dark. Ruinous World Building for Galgenbeck.”—”A collection of dark quests, encounters, forlorn places, and doomed souls.” Compatible with Mörk Borg.
- 7 days to go: “Paperback Adventures – A Novel Solo Word Game. A wordbuilding roguelike for one. Hop from genre to genre in a quest spanning various pulp novels.”—”Conquer a menagerie of pulp novel characters in this solo deckbuilding word game.”
- 7 days to go: “Abyss of Hallucinations Vol. 1 – A MÖRK BORG setting. MÖRK BORG compatible screenprinted zine inspired by Aleister Crowley’s Book of Lies.” Optional add on is Book of Lies in the same format and style as the zine.
- 9 days to go: “FISK BORG. Brutal and accursed fishing set in the somber world of MÖRK BORG ttrpg.”—”FISK BORG is a supplement for MÖRK BORG that offers new mechanics to bring somber fishing into your blood-soaked roleplaying sessions. Adapting tools from Richard Kelly’s fishing RPG Rod, Reel, and Fist, Fisk Borg unleashes dozens of sub-aquatic nightmares to those brave or foolish enough to summon them.”
- 13 days to go: “QUESTS: Heroes of Sorcado. A fantasy co-operative story-driven campaign board game for 1-6 players. Monsters, events, traps, side quests & so much more!”—”Welcome to Quests: Heroes of Sorcado, an epic fantasy cooperative campaign for 1-6 players. In each of eight adventures (plus a bonus training adventure) you’ll build your character, acquiring powerful spells and weapons, increase your abilities by defeating monsters and evading traps, and forge your path through choice-driven events, story moments, and side quests.” by David Killingsworth, of Solar Flare Games, makers of Nightmare Forest and others.
- 14 days to go: “Jungle Tomb of the Mummy Bride Compatible for DCC & 5E. Available for both Dungeon Crawl Classics and 5th Edition! Dare your characters explore the fabled tomb of the accursed Mummy Bride?”—”Inspired by the pulp weird fantasy of Gary Gygax’s infamous Appendix N, Jungle Tomb of the Mummy Bride is designed for a group of four to six 3rd level characters. The adventure can be used for campaign play and as a one-shot non-competitive module, but also works equally well as a tournament scenario.”
- 15 days to go: “Somninauts. A Rules-Light RPG and Storytelling Toolkit for Dreamy Mystery Adventures.”—”Somninauts is a rules light table top role-playing game where players solve mysteries by using weird science to dive into dreams. Find clues in the mundane waking world, then use those clues as fuel to carry your crew into a dreaming realm of surreal adventure. Fight against the forces that would eject your waking presence from the sleeping sphere of the subconscious. Contain the nightmares seeking a foothold into the mundane world. Solve cases. Save reality. Somninauts is also a tool kit you can use to inject mysteries and surreal adventures into your favorite role-playing game.”
- 23 days to go: “Knock! Issue Two. An Adventure Gaming Bric-a-Brac. Being A Compendium of Miscellanea for Old School RPGs. For us OSR weirdos and curious D&D heads alike.”—”It is filled with that old-school-slash-adventure-gaming unique flavour: thoughts about system and substance, useful rules and procedures, random tables and lists, pages of maps, six new classes, nine new monsters, and four complete adventures.”
- 24 days to go: “Campfire. the anthology horror storytelling game.”—”Campfire is a storytelling game for 2-6 players, designed to be played in an hour or two with cards, coins, and a special cloth playmat. During a game, take turns as the Narrator and weave together people, places, and things using flavorful story prompts to set the scene. Collaborate to thrill, surprise, and terrify! … If you’re a fan of approachable storytelling games like Fiasco or anthology horror like Are You Afraid of the Dark? or Creepshow, Campfire is for you! Tell a story, from creeping start to bloody end, in a single two-hour session, all with zero-prep. ”
- 29 days to go: “ARC: Doom Tabletop RPG. A cataclysmic tabletop RPG where heroes embark on heart-racing adventures to slay the apocalypse.”—”ARC is a role-playing game where heroes defy the cruel Doomsday Clock to save their world from a looming apocalypse. Rules-light, tension-heavy, dripping with deliciously dark art yet lovingly written for all storymakers at heart—now on Kickstarter for a limited time only.” “Stories you make and play in ARC run against a timer. While heroes navigate and transform the world around them, the real-time Doomsday Clock ticks to an irreversibly cataclysmic event. That doom is up to you. It could be an explosive battle, the literal end of the world—or something more intimate: the departure of beloved spirits, the farewell of an era.” from Exalted Funeral.
- Upcoming: “Traveller’s Guide to the Soddenweald. A tabletop supplemental of swamp-themed flora, fauna, food, and potion recipes for your 5th edition games”
- 13 days to go: “EVA & LUNA. Solo & Advanced Multiplayer Experience with Myraclia board game.”—”Eva expansion enables ultimate solo & advanced multiplayer experience with Myraclia board game. Not only can you play solo against this cunning opponent, but you can even challenge two powerful eternal beings and feel the experience of the full-fledged 3-player game. And as each of your virtual opponents is pursuing its own strategy, you can never know what to expect. Every game is different. But this enriched board gaming experience is not limited to solo play. Do you think that with your beloved real-life board gaming partner you are limited to a ‘duel’ experience? Not anymore. Eva is ready to confront two human players as well, often focusing her wild and vicious attention on the one appearing more dangerous to her. You´ve never felt the same exciting tension in a ‘2-player’ game before.”
- 15 days to go: “The Keeyp: Roguelite Board Game. Find the Key. Get to the Gate. No two games are the same.”—”The Keeyp is a Roguelite-inspired board game where you build out the dungeon as you play, making each game feel fresh and exciting! Explore the dungeon each turn, gather unique items, and engage in combat with other players. The first player to get the Key and escape through the Gate wins (or the last player standing if nobody has escaped). Can you find the Key and make it to the Gate first?”
- 26 days to go: “HEXano. A fast paced, visually stunning, competitive jigsaw game for 1-5 players!”—”HEXano is a competitive, multiplayer jigsaw that boasts a striking aesthetic and simple to learn gameplay. Made up of 96 unique, hexagonal tiles the possibilities are limitless. Every game is guaranteed to be completely different from the last but equally as intense. Once you place your first tile, the game never stops. Every round adds more tiles to the table. Every tile brings new opportunities to take the lead. Every opportunity however could lead to problems in the future if you don’t plan ahead. Every game is guaranteed to look different from the last. Playable for 1-5 players of all ages, with game rounds lasting from 10-25 minutes. Whether you need something quick to play whilst you’re waiting for the last few people to turn up to games night or you just want to dive straight into a game that requires no setup, HEXano is the answer!”
Update later 4jun2021:
- 3 hours to go: “Jack Irons: The Steel Cowboy Vol. 1. ‘When Reality Belongs to Evil, Heroes are Inevitable.’ 96 Pages of Weird Space West! A Reincarnated Immortal in Galactic Armageddon!”—”A Reincarnated Immortal Seeks Freedom and Purpose in Galactic Armageddon. 96 Page Hardcover Collecting Issues #’s 1-3.”
- 24 days to go: “The Literary Tarot. A Tarot Deck Unlocking the Secrets of Classic Literature.”—”We are Brink Literacy Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to changing the world through storytelling. To create our latest endeavor, The Literary Tarot, we reached out to some of the greatest authors and cartoonists of our time and asked them to pair a tarot card with a seminal book that embodies the meaning of the arcana.”
- 27 days to go: “FILTH & GRAMMAR. The Comic Book Editor’s Secret Handbook.”—”Award-winning Editor SHELLY BOND has been throwing red ink at comic book writers, artists, letterers, colorists, and logo designers for over three decades. FILTH & GRAMMAR: THE COMIC BOOK EDITOR’S SECRET HANDBOOK is her 160-page magnum opus, a step-by-step guide to making comic books from cover to cover. It’s the first time Bond reveals the alchemy and method to her editorial madness.”
- “TTRPG Charity Bundle for Trans Support. A bundle hosted by Cat Elm with content from 46 creators.”
Here’s a selection of crowdfunding campaigns that are counting down, ones that I’ve noticed and am currently watching as of May 3, 2021.
- 53 hours to go: “Academies of the Arcane. A new RPG book with rules to make magical schools, their houses and professors. Including 90 new spells and 36 new backgrounds!” Basically Harry Potter houses / Kids with Brooms but a magic school supplement for use with the Troika! system, an official release from Daniel Sell and Melsonian Arts Council itself.
- 3 days to go: “Ruins of Symbaroum for 5E. The acclaimed dark fantasy world of Symbaroum adapted for 5E, introducing custom rules, origins, classes, creatures and more.” From Free League, this super cool established setting and campaign, but converted to 5E; and all pledge levels get full Foundry VTT modules for the whole thing. Wish the Foundry VTT included a full implementation for the original system! But, there’s a gazillion stretch goals unlocked, so lots of stuff available even at the lowest pledge level.
- 4 days to go: “The Bleakness. An indie horror TTRPG about traveling into the North on an ancient road. Venture into The Bleakness.” From Twisted Image in Seattle, this is a complete “uniquely immersive horror experience” with a old school d20 but rules-lite stat-less survival horror “system, campaign setting, and detailed adventure arc” all in one volume. Being fulfilled by Exalted Funeral.
- 4 days to go: “Let’s Make More MST3K & Build The Gizmoplex!. Together, let’s make more MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 *without* a network + BUILD THE GIZMOPLEX, an online theater for live events!” I’m not even sure what I could say about this. If you don’t know what MST3K is, you must be living under a rock. This campaign is a bright beacon for the future of MST3K long into the future, as it includes promise of a full indie streaming and community platform for more beyond just the season being funded, and two core riffing teams, along with the potential for up to two new riffed movies with Joel himself returning!
- 8 days to go: “Orbital Blues. A Blues-infused Space Western Roleplaying Game, with an accompanying Cassette EP.” From SoulMuppet, this is a “lo-fi space western roleplaying game” which is also a “lo-fi space western roleplaying game” with a rules-lite d6 system with 3 main stats from Best Left Buried. Includes a digital EP of music, optionally available on actual tape cassette.
- 17 days to go: “Fantôme: A Multidimensional Tarot Deck. A bewitching 78-card tarot deck inspired by classical illustrations in geometric design and equipped with a multidimensional guidebook.” A new divinatory deck of “geometry, mystery, and traditional brutalist artwork all blended together with the storytelling of tarot”.
- 19 days to go: “Sirens: Battle of the Bards. 5E Campaign and Setting in a City of Artists where Bards Inspire Revolution” From Apotheosis Studios, designed by Satine Phoenix, and wit the participation of a laundry list of other D&D luminaries, a 5e campaign about bards, delivered on tabletop and across many VTT systems.
- 23 days to go: “Ironsworn: Starforged. The sci-fi evolution of the award-winning tabletop roleplaying game. Supports solo, co-op, and guided play!” From Shawn Tomkin, following Ironsworn and Ironsworn: Delve, this is a next gen PbtA for solo, co-op, and guided play as “a spaceborne adventurer sworn to undertake perilous quests.” Digital preview edition and playkit immediately available, and completely playable, for all backers since day 1. Lots of stretch goals complete, and many days left for more. There’s also a hardship pledge available.
- 24 days to go: ChangedStars – A Sci-fi TTRPG In an interplanetary future, the Trinity has emerged from the ashes of a long-dead empire to bring hope.” This is “a sci-fi roleplaying game set in a bright-yet-perilous future. Inspired by utopian feminist science fiction and contemporary gritty speculative futures, ChangedStars presents a modern-take on a post-patriarchal society for the players to navigate. Explore a non-humanocentric future full of immersive culture and diversity in this unique realistic-yet-colorful setting that’s alien without alienating anyone at the table.” Using a unique d6 success system, with four main stats, and a meta currency for pushing rolls. There’s an included adventure, but promises of more to come, so not a complete campaign yet.
- 28 days to go: “The Complete Gaia. The Complete Gaia collects the entire fantasy comic in two A4 hardcover volumes. A making-of + art book supplements the graphic novel.” Back in the days when Project Wonderful indie ad auction system still existed, this makers of this campaign were placed ads for their comics over on Hermetic Library, and apparently I was one of the more important ad placements for them. But, they contacted me to say they were running this campaign for a complete volume of their 10 year comic, which is coming to a close. “The Complete Gaia collects all 950 pages of the English version of the comic in two massive A4 hard cover volumes! Of course all pages will be printed in full color!” “Gaia is an epic high fantasy comic about a group of graduates of a magic academy who try to save their friend Lilith, an enchanting and amazingly talented wizard, from execution after she was falsely accused of murder. On their quest, Ilias & Co. cross paths with Viviana, a master thief who may be able to help them. But neither Lilith nor Viviana is quite what she seemed at first, and they soon face dark forces that move kings like pawns on a chessboard.”
There’s what I’m currently watching, and thought I’d share with you!
Have you been watching a crowdfunding campaign I should know about?! Are you running a campaign and want to tell me about why it’s awesome, maybe? What have you seen upcoming in the geeky, nerdy space that caught your eye? Get in touch!
- This one will end before my next round-up, but I noticed it with 6 days to go and still just shy of goal: “Discordia #0-#1: A Noir Horror Series. An alcoholic war veteran is tasked with finding a missing girl in the ruins of Discordia.” As it says in the image for the campaign: “Do you like: Dark Gods? Cosmic Horror? Worlds Ravaged by War? Disgusting Creatures? Sci-fi, Action and Adventure? Then you’ll love Discordia.”
- 59 hours to go: “ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED—A New Kind of Strategic Video Game. Classic strategy game of secret societies fighting for global domination—coming to desktop & mobile!”—”Illuminati Confirmed will be a brand-new version of Illuminati: a video game, produced by key creators of 1994’s award-winning Illuminati: New World Order. It uses that version of the game as its starting point, under license from Steve Jackson Games.”
- 3 days to go: “A Wizard’s Dying Wish and Other Tales, for the Mörk Borg RPG. A pair of tri-fold brochures created under the third-party Mörk Borg license. Mini-adventures for the GM to throw at the PCs!”—”A Wizard’s Dying Wish and Other Tales is our chance to transport up to four different tri-fold brochures from PDF to print! Each 11″ x 8.5″ full-color brochure includes just enough information to get the gamemaster’s imagination rolling. From setup to actions to possible endgames, each brochure was designed under the third-party Mörk Borg license and will give you a single session of fun.”
- 4 days to go: “Discordia #0-#1: A Noir Horror Series. An alcoholic war veteran is tasked with finding a missing girl in the ruins of Discordia.” As it says in the image for the campaign: “Do you like: Dark Gods? Cosmic Horror? Worlds Ravaged by War? Disgusting Creatures? Sci-fi, Action and Adventure? Then you’ll love Discordia.”